- GregKlingAsked on November 14, 2016 at 04:29 PM
I've integrated with salesforce using the contact list. I'm not even sure what that is, contact or lead or account. Anyway, I've submitted a test form and I just don't understand how this shows up on salesforce. I don't use salesforce, I've just been given this task to create a customer service form. I guess I just don't know what to expect to see. I thought it would just be like a Jotform plugin where I can just see all the submitted forms. Must be missing something or grasping something.
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on November 14, 2016 at 07:27 PM
JotForm is a web application that helps you create an online form. This online form contains the form fields where your users can fill up and then submit the data.
SalesForce is a customer relationship management tool. We have an integration with SalesForce wherein the data that your users entered in the form will be transferred to your SalesForce database. It means that you need to check your SalesForce account to see the form submissions.
You may also see the form submissions here in JotForm. Here's a guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/269-How-to-View-Form-Submissions.
Hope this helps. Thank you.
- GregKlingAnswered on November 15, 2016 at 09:31 AM
Yes, I have followed all these guides and the system says integration successful. It's just when I go into salesforce I expect to see some date and I don't.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on November 15, 2016 at 10:33 AM
Let me try to explain how this works.
1) You integrate and map the fields from your form that you want to pass to SalesForce: https://www.jotform.com/help/271-Flexible-Data-Integration-With-Salesforce
2) If you login to your SalesForce account, and search in the contact list for "new this week", you will not find anything:
3) You have to make a submissions in order to see the form data forwarded to your SalesForce contact list:
a) Fill your form:
b) Go to your SalesForce list, and check if you have received the information you setup to be sent in the integration:
As you can see those four fields from the form, that I setup to be sent, were actually forwarded to the SalesForce contact list.
So, from that point forward, if you need to know how to manage that information, I believe you will need to contact SalesForce support, so they can guide you on what you need to accomplish with that data.
Open a new thread if you need anything else.
- GregKlingAnswered on November 15, 2016 at 10:39 AM