- Bethanne KnebelAsked on November 14, 2016 at 06:11 PM
I was changing an address and was sent to a jotform, completed it and received an email with personal information, including my social security number. The firm with whom I was changing my address said it was not them. I am VERY concerned about this and need to know what may have happened.
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on November 14, 2016 at 10:06 PM
Sorry for inconvenience this may caused you.
Did you filled all your personal information on that form? Was email that you received from JotForm. I have checked email address that you used to post this thread inside of our email log, but there is no entry. Did you used some other email address? Also please provide us link of the form you filled, so that we can find it in our system.
Looking forward to your reply.
- Bethanne KnebelAnswered on November 15, 2016 at 07:44 PM
JotForm email@example.com via amazonses.com
this is the email address copied from the message I received. I am very nervous about this...
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on November 15, 2016 at 09:32 PM
Do you have a link to the form which you filled up? This way we can further investigate on the matter.
- Bethanne KnebelAnswered on November 15, 2016 at 11:44 PM
I was on this website http://carbon-creek.com/contact/
and clicked the link to change my address
After clicking on the address change, it takes you here:
Thanks so much for helping me out
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 16, 2016 at 02:57 AM
Thank you for reporting this to us. I am currently investigating the user and their forms. We will take the necessary action once we are done investigating. We will keep you updated on this thread. Regards.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 16, 2016 at 09:45 PM
The form https://form.jotform.com/61646601976160 does collect SSN but it contains a signature field which I assumed you signed so you somehow authorized them to have your information.
Did the firm you are changing your address with confirm that the website http://carbon-creek.com/ is not theirs as well?
- Bethanne KnebelAnswered on November 16, 2016 at 11:44 PMHi Chriistian,
I believe the website is legitimate, and I have not heard back from their support team yet. I'm hoping that the form and the email was secure and that my SSN is not at risk...
Thank you for your help,
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 17, 2016 at 01:27 AM
If the website is legitimate then it would have been them who created the form from our site. Please be informed that our forms are SSL secured by default. Please check this article: All Forms are Now Secure by Default The SSL Limits on Free Accounts are Lifted.
We will have to wait for the response from their side to make further actions for the said issue.
- Bethanne KnebelAnswered on November 17, 2016 at 01:44 PMI really appreciate you taking this seriously and taking the time to help me.
Hopefully, I will hear back from Carbon Creek soon...