- GigafrostAsked on November 15, 2016 at 02:54 PM
I'm trying to make 2 forms, one which generates a code and links to another, and the other form which checks if the code is from a previous form and if so - link to that form. The purpose is to allow me to incorporate sign in checks without using APIs which may not be compatible. Basically this is a bare bones and rough version of using a webhook. Also because I don't believe there's any way to make jotform check if you've created an account on fellowshipone and if so to continue filling out the form.
This is essentially the goal - Hopefully this makes sense and apologies for the confusion
1. Form 1 upon submit sends user to an URL to Form 2 to continue verification. A blank field appears as well for the User to fill with the code generated from Form 2. Maybe Form 1 and Form 2 can have the same generated code (Form 1's code is invisible, Form 2 reads from Form 1 but is visible to the user, user types in the same code in Form 1) but set to a timer to automatically refresh after a certain time to prevent the same code being used.
2. Form 2 upon submission generates a code and a URL taking the person back to Form 1
3. Back to Form 1, the user enters the code they got from Form 2. If the code matches they reach a "Thank you, your account has been created"
The reason why i want to do this as well is that I am able to embed this type of form to any html website without using plugins, since it's all done via jot form and the URL link. Can this be done? If so how? Thanks!
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on November 15, 2016 at 04:16 PM
I am not exactly sure if I understood your request correctly.
From what I understood you will have two forms. User will fill first form which will generate a random code, that will be shown to user on Thank you page. Then user will have to use that code to be able to fill fields on second form. And once second form is submitted user will be redirect to Thank you page. Is that correct?
I think that this would be possible to achieve.
On your first form you can use Random Value Generator widget that will create a random code. Once your first form is submitted you can pass that value from your first form to hidden field on your second form. Inside of this guide you can find how to Pass Form Data to Another Form:
On thank you page of your first form you will have to provide your user prepopulated URL of your second form and random code. Then your users will have to enter that code in visible code field on the second form and if that code is the same as code that was passed from first form, to hidden field, you can show other fields on your second form, so that your users are able to fill them. And if the code is not the same they will not be able to submit the second form.
Inside of this guide you can find how to show multiple fields with conditional logic:
I did not understood you request about a "timer to automatically refresh". Do you want to refresh the second page after certain time?
Maybe you can use Global Countdown widget.
However please note that if your users save prepopulated link of second form and code from Thank You page of your first form, they will be able to access to second form and submit it any time they want, unless you set Form Limits Based on a Unique Question or Unique Submissions on your second form.
Hope this will help. Let us know if you have any other questions.