- alphaemcAsked on November 16, 2016 at 08:04 AM
Can grid reports be downloaded as Excel files? I like the format the Grid report comes in but need the functionality of an Excel sheet.
- JotForm SupportemilyAnswered on November 16, 2016 at 09:29 AM
I would recommend you to integrate your form with Google Spreadsheet. By using this feature, whenever your form is submitted, the submissions will be saved in your spreadsheet.
Here is an example of a spreadsheet.
For further information, kindly check the user guide below.
If you have any question, please let us know.
- alphaemcAnswered on November 16, 2016 at 07:44 PMIt is integrated with Google Spreadsheet but it does not have the same functionality as the Grid report. Please click the link below and look at the Qty and Time columns. I like the way it is displayed here and would like to output to an Excel sheet so it is formatted the same way:
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 16, 2016 at 10:43 PM
Unfortunately it is not possible to make the Qty and Time column in the Grid Report have the same format in Excel spreadsheet. Each data within the Matrix field will always display in a single cell on the spreadsheet, and as such, even if you download the Excel from the grid report, they will always be formatted to appear in different cells. Excel or Google Sheets does not have the functionality to format a single cell in the spreadsheet to appear just like the one on the Grid report.
Nevertheless, I will send this as a feature request to our developers. Perhaps they may have a workaround for your requirement. We cannot assure you if this will be implemented, but if we hear any news from them we will let you know on this thread.
- JotForm SupportemilyAnswered on November 17, 2016 at 09:03 AM
I moved your question to another thread. It will be answered in the URL below.