- YZYkithomesAsked on November 16, 2016 at 10:02 PM
all my conditions disappeared, except email notifiers, pls help
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 17, 2016 at 02:07 AM
Is this the form (http://www.jotformpro.com/form/51101605963953) you are working on where you had encountered the issue? If yes then I have found out that you had removed some conditions in this form. Please see the image below:
You can restore your previous form state in your form history. Please follow the instructions provided in this article: How to view form revision history.
We'll wait for you response.
- YZYkithomesAnswered on November 17, 2016 at 05:50 AM
yes, that's the form I was working on and I restored it to older version of just before I started making any changes earlier today and then ALL CONDITIONS DISAPPEARED... I had at least 20-30 conditions
so now my form is not functional at all and needs fixing asap
- JotForm DeveloperoliviaAnswered on November 17, 2016 at 07:53 AM
As my colleague mentioned above, you can restore your deleted conditions. Please follow the steps below:
1- Select your form and click "More". After that, click "Revision History".
2- As you see "Current Version" of my form in the following, I have deleted some conditions from my form.
3- Please select the time of correct version of your form and click "Revert to this version" link at the right side of the page.
Please follow this guide if you need more details about the issue: How-to-view-form-revision-history
- YZYkithomesAnswered on November 17, 2016 at 08:11 AM
Thanks for explaining,
I did exactly the same and the result was - all conditions were lost.
Please take my asking for help seriously,
Whenever I want to do a small change in my form, once in a while, there are things that do not work and I have to ask you guys for help. I need a long term solution, so pls let me know what is happening.
Is something going on with my account? Or the form is old version and I have to do something else?
Pls give me a proper answer.
I look forward to hearing from someone from Jot Forms
Thank you in advance,
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 17, 2016 at 11:11 AM
I have cloned your form, created some conditions and made some edits but unable to replicate the issue so far - the conditions do not disappear.
If you are editing the form in multiple browsers, please avoid doing so to prevent conflict in changes. Also, please make sure that you are logged in when you are editing the form. Please also clear your form cache to correct some caching issues.
- JotForm DeveloperoliviaAnswered on November 17, 2016 at 05:16 PM
I have checked your form again.
Unfortunately, your conditions were removed at 5:41 AM. We are so sorry for this inconvenience. I`ll raise this issue to our developers to check what happened to your conditions.
I have also tried to analyze what happened to your conditions. Please have a look at the following image.
It seems that you did 78 updates in two minutes at 5:41 AM. At the left side of the page, you can also see your actions during this period. (Sorry for low resolution in my image below. You can also check this page from your form`s revision history as I mentioned in my previous comment.)
You can see in this page that 56 conditions were removed from your form in two minutes. On the other hand, I also checked from our system what did you do in the real during this time in your form. I noticed that after you changed your Email Recipient Condition, other conditions except conditions about email recipients were removed.
As my colleague mentioned above, the reason of this problem may be working on in different browsers for a form at the same time, browser/form caches etc. but it`s so clear that something went wrong in this two minutes.
My recommendation is to revert your form to the version of it at 5:37 AM as you see in the following.
You mentioned above that you already did this but could you please try again and share some screen shots or a video with us about your trying? This screen shots and videos would be very usefull to solve your issue.
I`ll be awaiting for your reply.
Thank you for your understanding.
- YZYkithomesAnswered on November 17, 2016 at 06:58 PM
Thanks Olivia, I really hope this time somehow to find and fix the problem. I confirm I am not working on in different browsers for a form at the same time, browser/form caches.
Almost every time I do a small change to the form, I have an issue, pls see below in screenshot. This was the same problem I found out yesterday and tried to change the email address again (my distributor was not receiving enquiry forms for 2-3 months... I could find more of these examples proving I have real problems with the form.
I really need someone to fix whatever it is.
Honestly, I'm reluctant to try to recover or create a new form again as it will require lots of my time and I have no guarantee that it'll work right..
Should I wait for developers to get back with the answer?
Should I open a new account and migrate all my forms?
Should I use different browser than Chrome?
Other ideas please?
thank you very much
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 17, 2016 at 08:32 PM
We have raised this issue to our developers so they can further investigate the cause of the conditions disappearing in your form. Once we hear any news from them, we shall let you know on this thread.
In the meantime, since we can't seem to replicate the issue in the cloned versions, may I suggest cloning the original form on your account? You can try editing the cloned version and see if you also encounter the same issue with the clone.
For now we will have to wait until the second level have any updates.
- YZYkithomesAnswered on November 18, 2016 at 12:53 AM
Thanks, Chriistian, I have a clone form cloned in March (I think), will try working with it.
Also, will be waiting for someone to get back to me with the answer on what is happening and what should I do.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 18, 2016 at 01:17 AM
Apologies for the inconvenience. Unfortunately we do not have a time frame for when this issue will be resolved. Rest assured that once we hear any news from our developers or if they have any updates on this issue, we will let you know on this thread.
Thank you for your patience.
- YZYkithomesAnswered on November 18, 2016 at 01:49 AM
no worries Chriistian, thanks for the update.
FIY - my API with MailChimp disappeared as well guys, or this was something that you had to do recently?
- JotForm SupportowenAnswered on November 18, 2016 at 02:16 AM
Can you please remove your Mailchimp integration and re-integrate it again? This should resolve your issue with the disappeared API.
- YZYkithomesAnswered on November 19, 2016 at 12:50 AM
I cannot find MailChimp integration - it's gone, so I don't have to remove it.
Another important question - what can you recover from all lost things below:
1. Any conditions?
It will take many hours/days to recreate the form and create text for Autoresponders.
What help to recover and/or compensation can I expect from your(JotForm) end?
This is the email I sent to JotForm on 24 Jun, the same apply this time, so I just attached the screenshot, pls read below.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on November 19, 2016 at 08:55 AM
I think this is something related between the new and old wizard. Your conditions were created on the old layout, you are now making changes in the new layout. Something's maybe not working correctly on the new layout when the conditions are loaded, some scripts.
The MailChimp integration is there. Your form is still connected with it:
Our developers will check this and will probably recover everything that lost, emails, conditions and etc. Except, maybe, for the submissions that didn't go through in the form.
We don't know the conditional logic so it also hard for us to re-create it. Your email template is also gone, you only have the defaults. I think you have a customized email that has been deleted.
As for the compensation, I will have to refer this to our team manager. We cannot decide about the compensation, whether a refund or a credit of additional months.
As for the things in your previous email:
a. We understand the frustration. We can only ask for your understanding and patience while our developers are looking at it. This is already assigned as far as the ticket is concerned.
b. Your form is working. IF you may, I can test it. The only thing is the conditional logic, they are gone so the submission will go straight to your primary email/submissions page. You can access the submissions page to view the submissions: https://www.jotform.com/help/269-How-to-view-Submissions.
c. You only have the default email. Again, you'll get the email straight to your primary email address. You do not have any email conditions working.
d. The duplicate submissions are just a test as far as I could see it.
Again, our apologies for all the troubles and inconveniences this may have caused. We'll make sure to let you know as soon as we have an update for this.
- YZYkithomesAnswered on November 21, 2016 at 08:43 PM
thanks for your email, the form was quite complex with about 20 different conditional emails and then according to selected fields there were different autoresponders
can you recover from all lost things below within next 24 hours?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 21, 2016 at 10:30 PM
Unfortunately we cannot recover the lost conditions and autoresponders within a 24 hr time frame. It may take some more time for our developers to investigate the issue, and we cannot promise if the conditions will be recovered. I have followed up with the developers to see if they have any news. All we can do for now is to wait until our developers are done with the investigation.
If we hear any updates from them, we will let you know on this thread.
- YZYkithomesAnswered on November 21, 2016 at 11:52 PM
that's a shame, it will be a week in 48 hours I'm without the form.
I'll have to start recreating it from scratch asap then and hope it'll work. Very stressful and disappointing experience..
For the future - I'd like to find another solution for my forms.
1. Is there a way of exporting [somehow] all the forms from JotForm to another form builder?
2. Do you have an adviser specialist who could advice me on the best solution for my needs?
3. Do you have specialists who could do the job?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on November 22, 2016 at 01:15 AM
While waiting for the developer assigned on this matter, to answer your questions:
1. Perhaps other form builders may have a method to do that since we have a very flexible API. However, we are not aware of a method on how to export a form to be transferred to another form builder.
2. Aside from the technical staff handling your concerns here, the one next is the development team since they are the ones who can provide definite answers to matters we cannot resolve on the 1st level.
3. This may vary to the necessity of your need. Would you be able to explain further what job you are referring to? If this is on the matter of building forms, we can assist you on this, just provide us information on what you wish to happen so we can provide you or work on a solution for you as long as it is within the ambit of our capacity.
- YZYkithomesAnswered on November 30, 2016 at 11:55 PM
I redid the form from scratch it took many hours = - $ and now can you answer me a simple question -
1. how can I be protected from conditions disappearing again? pls list me all things I have to do (daily, weekly, monthly) in order NOT TO LOOSE my form again.
In my experience, I had to pay for shortcomings of your system myself and I got no answers nor solutions on how to avoid these bugs, so pls give me something this time.
Again, with the new form - I cannot get my head around - how can this happen? notification email + conditions were set to send notification email to email@example.com and I received email from another person confirming he received a form (pls see the screenshot.)
2. - can someone explain why this is happening?
- JotForm SupportowenAnswered on December 01, 2016 at 01:23 AM
1. To be honest, since this is a bug which is an extraordinary situation, we do not have a strict suggestions list that may be able to keep you safe from losing your data again. Normally, this should never happen. So, I am not able to provide any suggestions on this. I am really sorry that you have had to deal with such an issue. I can only guess how frustrating it could be.
2. About the email you received; the user seems to have replied the autoresponder he received. I can confirm this by checking your email logs:
Since the sender of the email is firstname.lastname@example.org it can be replied by the users of your form.
Please contact us again if you need any further assistance.
- YZYkithomesAnswered on December 06, 2016 at 09:35 PM
could you pls take a look at my 2nd question again?
the problem is that Notification email was sent to another notification email than it should have been sent to.
I had a mix ups with notification emails not received and this it a huge issue for me.
Is there a way for me to somehow check if the notification email was:
a) sent and
b) to what email address it was sent to?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on December 06, 2016 at 10:40 PM
You can check your email history for information on to whether the email was sent and to whom it was sent to by following this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/293-How-to-View-All-Your-Form-Email-History
- YZYkithomesAnswered on December 06, 2016 at 11:33 PM
I have 3 issues that I know
1. it goes back to Fri, 11 Nov 16 - 12:41 only
2. Wed, 7 Dec 16 - 13:14 Email sent to email@example.com is not received,
Tue, 6 Dec 16 - 17:43 Email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org was not received as well
3. Going back to my previous question #2 sent on November 30, 2016 at 11:55 PM - Activity Log does not show that Notification was sent to email@example.com and as you can see in a screenshot I got confirmation from firstname.lastname@example.org that they received the Notification email somehow..?
- YZYkithomesAnswered on December 06, 2016 at 11:45 PM
another issue with activity logs - this form should be sent as Notification email to email@example.com according to my conditions, but the Activity log does not show that, pls see below.
I just created my form from scratch and it does not work again, pls help!
- YZYkithomesAnswered on December 07, 2016 at 12:09 AM
I just spoke with Ian Crow (firstname.lastname@example.org ) and he received email notifications he was not supposed to receive according to conditions and email notifiers set up. these are the enquiries :
please help! can I pay someone within your Co to fix this???
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on December 07, 2016 at 02:17 AM
Regarding to your issue about:
1. The email was failed to sent to email@example.com. The email was in the bounce list,and I removed it now so it should start receiving notification emails.
Regarding to the issues about the other emails, I moved it to separate thread so that we can better assist you. Please follow this link:
We will address your issue there shortly.