- iberianAsked on November 20, 2016 at 09:58 AM
I would like to be able to use a Paypal Payment Field to sell a membership subscription to people who wish to become Friends of our charity. The subscription fee is a fixed annualy occurring amount. Is it possible to implement this so that the user can add a donation to the first year's subscription fee?
- KadeJMAnswered on November 20, 2016 at 12:45 PM
Are you asking if it's possible to have a donation + yearly subscription fee?
If so then you could do something like this https://www.jotform.com/help/376-How-to-Have-a-Recurring-Custom-Donation-Payment-Form.
- iberianAnswered on November 20, 2016 at 07:04 PM
Thank you. I followed the link and I was able to offer my donors the ability to insert their own amount for the annual subscription fee as an additional option to our standard annual subscription price.
I'm really pleased with that but what I originally wanted was to be able to cater for a single donation (donor chooses the amount) followed by an annualy recurring membership subscription fee which is a fixed price.
- JotForm SupportRoseAnswered on November 21, 2016 at 12:53 AM
If I understood you correctly, you would like your user to determine donation price and you wants to add an annual fee to the total price. In other words, your end-user writes the amount s/he would like to donate, lets say 20 USD and then your payment add an annual fee to this 20 USD.
If this is the case, you can achieve this as following.
1. Add a Number field & a Form calculation widget. The idea here is to get user defined amount from number field and determine the total price on calculation field by addşing final annual fee to the user defined amount.
2. Set form calculation as below. Please note that I fixed the fee as 10 USD but you can of course change it as you wish.
3. Pass the calculation value to payment wizard.
I also attached here some useful user guides for your information. You may have a look for further details.
Hope, these would help you. However, if you have more questions or need any further assistance by our side, please let us know. We would be pleased yo help you for any issue you may have.
- iberianAnswered on November 21, 2016 at 09:39 AM
Thank you - the Form Calculation widget is very useful but the "Get Price From" options only seems to be available if the Payment Type = Collect Donations.
The primary purpose of my form is to collect annual Subscriptions of say €10 per year. I want to the user to be able to increase the initial subscription by adding a donation (an amount of their own choosing) but subseqent year the user would be billed the standard €10.
The solution you suggested lets the user add an amount to the first year fixed subscription but does not seem to set up and annualy recurring payment.
- JotForm SupportoliviaAnswered on November 21, 2016 at 10:34 AM
You can use Multiple Payment trick to solve this issue.
Please have a look at this guide: How-to-Create-a-Basic-Multiple-Payment-form
Please have a look at this example form: https://www.jotformpro.com/form/63254410054950
Please have a look at the image below:
If you need more details, please feel free to let us know.