- WizekAsked on December 08, 2010 at 09:48 AM
Is there a way to import a form from either a spreadsheet (.xls/.xlsx/etc...) or a plain text file? The labels are specified (quite a few of them), and all the elemens are of the same kind (sliders).
- PolatAlemdarAnswered on December 08, 2010 at 10:17 AM
Unfortunately no. You will need to create the form manually on Jotform.
- WizekAnswered on December 08, 2010 at 12:52 PM
Then consider this a feature request :) . It'd be a nice addition for making larger forms/survays.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on December 09, 2010 at 06:28 AM
I wonder what the spreadsheet/text file would look like? Do you have a list of questions? Do you have answers for them? How is it formatted?
- WizekAnswered on December 09, 2010 at 11:15 AM
@aytekin: Yes, currently I have a plain list of questions, each is separated into a new line. I want each to be of the same kind. This is the plain text format.
The spreadsheet kind could have more features, like: first column is the question, second is the type of input (textbox, password, slider, etc...), third is the default value etc...
Was this a satisfying answer for you?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on December 10, 2010 at 09:49 AM
Thanks. This is very helpful.
- laoscgroupAnswered on July 28, 2011 at 03:42 AM
I think i requested this feature before too. What is the update?
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on July 28, 2011 at 12:00 PM
As of the moment there is no definite time frame for this requested feature.
For now our developers are working on enhancing and perfectiong
the existing functionalities of JotForm tool.
When the time comes that this feature is added or implemented we will let
you know by posting it on our blog.
Thanks for using JotForm.
- RebloomAnswered on February 29, 2016 at 05:34 AM
Has this feature seen any progress?
- JotForm UI DevelopermertAnswered on February 29, 2016 at 08:20 AM
Yes, we have solution for this request right now. On the "http://import.jotform.io/" link, you can easily import your data from Excel or CSV files to your form.
Please, check the following guide for more details:
If you need any further assistance, please do let us know.