- dejamourAsked on May 14, 2012 at 01:44 PM
After making, testing and ensuring that the form works, can I then clone that form and all the setting, conditions and URL referrals to my client's account so that they pay the monthly fee for S3 and for the upgrade to JotForm, insted of me having to bill them monthly?
- JotForm SupportGoldoAnswered on May 14, 2012 at 02:21 PM
Yes you can clone the form using your clients account. All form settings, conditions will be carried over.
- dejamourAnswered on May 14, 2012 at 04:41 PM
Thanks for your amazing tech support department... you're the best!
- dejamourAnswered on May 14, 2012 at 07:34 PM
So, tell me then, after transfering the form, will I be able to go in and access the file to make updates, changes and/or additions for my client in the future? How does that work? Will she need to have a particular type of account?
- AtacanCAnswered on May 14, 2012 at 07:40 PM
You will need her login information (username and password). Once you clone your form to her account, you won't be able make changes on it unless you have her login details.
- dejamourAnswered on May 14, 2012 at 08:08 PM
Didn't I read somewhere if someone other than the account user logs in that the account will be frozen?
- jeanettebmzAnswered on May 14, 2012 at 08:17 PM
If you transfer the form to another account, unless you that person's credentials , you won't be able to access it, it will no longer be into your account