JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
How can we have a field in the Paypal form for donation?Asked by SOUNAVOCE on November 22, 2016 at 03:58 PM
I've made the following formpasted below.
My problem is that we need to also add a field for donations with amount determined by user. There appears to be no way to do this. Is there a workaround?
Southern Oregon Una Voce
Yes, there is. You can use our basic fields such as the Radio Button field then the calculation to get the total. You can pass the total to the Paypal field. Here are the steps:
1. Add a radio button field and put your current product items there. Add the price from the options so your customers would know the prices.
2. Add a calculation value for the options. Here's how: https://www.jotform.com/help/301-How-to-Assign-Calculation-Value. Just the price, no currency symbol.
3. Add a textbox field. This would serve as your donation field. Label it with Donation or the like.
4. Add a calculation widget then sum up the radio button and the textbox. Note: You can hide this calculation if you want.
5. Now, pass the calculation to the Paypal field. Here's how: https://www.jotform.com/help/275-How-to-pass-a-calculation-to-a-payment-field.
Here's a clone version of your form showing up the above workaround: https://www.jotformpro.com/form/63267322174959.
You can clone it back, here's how: https://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL.
Wow... I can't think you enough for this. Solved my problem entirely.
Thank you, Marc
On behalf of my colleague, you are welcome. I am glad to know that your problem is solved.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.