- aacadminAsked on November 23, 2016 at 07:15 AMI have a related issue. I am the main user and can decrypt submissions with the private key. I have shared the private key with a sub user, but he does not receive the option to upload his key when trying to view a submission, therefore he cannot decrypt anything. How can I change this and allow for the sub user to decrypt submissions?
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on November 23, 2016 at 07:50 AM
Is this happening in his Email Inbox or in Submissions tab?
Your sub-user should be able to decrypt submissions with the same private key as you have.
If your sub-user doesn't see the pop-up for entering the key, please ask them to Clear their browser's cache and try again.
If the issue persists, please let us know.
- aacadminAnswered on November 23, 2016 at 08:53 AM
It is happening when he tries to view a response from email. He cleared his cache and still does not get the popup to upload the private key. Would appreciate further help.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 23, 2016 at 09:24 AM
I tried this on my test form but I was not able to replicate the issue you are encountering. I was able to upload the key to the encrypted submission link and view the submission properly.
Can you provide us the browser your sub-user used where he/she encountered the issue so we can further investigate? Maybe he/she can try to access the encrypted submission link on a different browser and see if he/she can decrypt the data on the submission link from the email?
We will wait for your response.
- aacadminAnswered on November 23, 2016 at 09:41 AM
Using a new browser worked!! Thank you for your help. :)
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 23, 2016 at 09:46 AM
You are welcome. Glad to hear that using different browser worked. If you have any other concern, please feel free to contact us again. Regards.