- bolesnickyAsked on November 25, 2016 at 12:02 AM
For anonymity, we are being asked to ensure that our survey does not collect IP addresses. Is there a way to turn this function off?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 25, 2016 at 12:54 AM
Unfortunately IP addresses are collected in the forms by default. It cannot be turned off so that IP is not collected. The only alternative would be to hide the IP column on the submissions page so that it is not visible. To hide the IP column, simply visit your Submissions Page and follow the steps below:
1. Click the gear icon on the right side to open the settings
2. Uncheck the IP box
3. Click the gear icon again to close and save the setting
Once the IP field is hidden, the IP should not be visible in your submissions page or in the PDF version of the submissions.
If you need further assistance, please let us know.
- bolesnickyAnswered on November 29, 2016 at 07:45 PMAnd, is there anyway to turn it off so that when it goes to google sheets, it doesn't include IP addresses?
Dr Ben Olesnicky BSc BMBS FANZCA
Department of Anaesthesia & Pain Management
Royal North Shore Hospital
Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of NSW Health or any of its entities.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 29, 2016 at 10:14 PM
Unfortunately, there is no current option that will allow you to remove the IP address on Google Spreadsheet Integration in JotForm. As a workaround, you can try hide the IP column instead in the Google Spreadsheet integrated to your form.
Do let us know if you need further assistance.