- melissamiller22Asked on November 28, 2016 at 11:29 AM
I am seeing that many form views are form the same location in CA from same IP address. I know this form is not being viewed the number of times you are reporting it has and I can see where they are being viewed from. I understand you want people to pay for your service but you offer free forms with so many views and submissions. I picked your site bc of that reason. I knew my form would be viewed LESS then 1000 times a month and my submissions would be WAY UNDER the 100 I am allowed. Please view and get back as soon as possible.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on November 28, 2016 at 12:16 PM
Please note that every time a form is loaded in browser or every time your webpage where you have embedded your form is loaded in browser, is counted as a valid form view. Form analytics page were you are seeing the form views shows the correct values.
- melissamiller22Answered on November 28, 2016 at 12:27 PM
I can see every time the form is loaded per Google Analytics as well as your own. The page that the link is on has not been viewed 1000 times this month. One IP address 18.104.22.168 is viewing the form over and over again. Is it your robot? there is NO WAY the form is being viewed right now bc i have taken it off my site. So how are they viewing it?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on November 28, 2016 at 12:36 PM
Let me clear your doubt that we do not have any robot viewing forms. The IP address 22.214.171.124 seems to be actually your own IP address. You seems to have last logged in to your account from this IP address only.
- melissamiller22Answered on November 28, 2016 at 12:44 PM
So how is being viewed when i have removed the form link? and one view counts as how many
- melissamiller22Answered on November 28, 2016 at 12:45 PM
Last month it was viewed more then 1400 times and my views were about 83
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on November 28, 2016 at 01:24 PM
There cannot be such a huge difference in the form view counter. Are you accessing your form locally with its direct URL or for testing? Do get back to us on this and if required we will report this to out backend team.
- melissamiller22Answered on November 28, 2016 at 01:26 PM
No I am not access the form for testing. It was updated ONCE today and has not been accessed since.
- melissamiller22Answered on November 28, 2016 at 01:27 PM
And I have un-linked it from my site as of over an hour ago so no one can access it at all and it is still being viewed per your own analytics.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on November 28, 2016 at 02:24 PM
Are you using any sort of website builder like Adobe Dreamweaver? Anything with a live preview such as that will constantly refresh your page and if your form is added to the page, the form will also be constantly refreshed.
- melissamiller22Answered on November 28, 2016 at 02:30 PM
Yes i use Dreamweaver but that particular page was updated this morning and hasn't been accessed again. So every time i update a page with the link to this form it will be counted as continues views? Even after the page has been closed? Like i can see now in your other pages are being updated but they do not have the link to this form.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on November 28, 2016 at 02:37 PM
If the form is not included in any pages, the total should not be going up. I ran our fix to ensure the correct view total was being shown and it was not. The correct total should now be shown and your account is once again under its limits.
To prevent the views when using dreamweaver, turn off live preview.