What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
How can I count the number of correct answers?Asked by chrismoixa on November 29, 2016 at 06:43 AM
In a Test form using check boxes where just one answer is correct, I want to count the correct answers.
If "answer 1" equals to " XXX" then count +1
Total number of correct answer.
How can I do that?
count correct how how can i
You can achieve your request by using Form Calculation Widget. Please follow the steps below to count the correct answers in a form.
1. Click on Edit Properties option for each of your questions.
2. Go to the Surveying segment and do as described in the screenshot.
3. Add a Form Calculation widget to your form
4. Click on the wizard of the Form Calculation Widget.
5. Add your questions by clicking on Add Field button. I made a demonstration for only the first questions, so I selected these 3 questions below.
For each field, if the answer is wrong, it will return 0 and if the answer is correct, it will return 1. As a result, it will give the number of correct answers.
6. You can make the field hidden from the users.
7. For the first 3 questions, I set the last radio buttons as correct answers. So when I answered the questions as shown below, the calculation field gave me the number of correct answers.
I hope these help. If you have further questions, please let us know.