Releases Apollo Support & Rescue Inc., (ASR) a non-profit corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of Texas and each of its directors, officers, and agents. The volunteer desires to provide services for ASR and engage in activities related to serving as a volunteer by performing associated duties. A Volunteer is defined as, any Apollo team member to include foster parents, Community service workers (Court orders or not), or a Vendor that is participating in on site functions.
Volunteers understand that the scope of a volunteers’ relationship with Apollo Support & Rescue is limited to a volunteer position and that no compensation is expected in return for services provided by volunteer. That ASR will not provide any benefits traditionally associated with employment to a volunteer; and that the volunteer is responsible for his/her own insurance coverage in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of volunteer services to ASR.
Contractors (Paid or donated) understand that the scope of a contractors' relationship with Apollo Support & Rescue is limited to agreed position, duties and hours, and that compensation will be provided for agreed services provided by the contractor. That ASR will not provide any benefits traditionally associated with employment to a contractor; and that the contractor is responsible for his/her own insurance coverage in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of services to ASR.
(1) Waiver and Release: I, the volunteer/contractor, release and forever discharge and hold harmless ASR and assigns form any and all liability, claims, demands of whatever kind of nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise for the services I, the volunteer/contractor, provide to ASR. I understand and acknowledge that this Waiver and Release discharges ASR from and liability or claims that I may have against ASR with respect to bodily injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from the services that I provide to ASR or occurring while I am providing volunteer services.
(2) Insurance: Further, I understand that ASR does NOT assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide me, the volunteer, with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to medical health or disability benefits or insurance of any nature in the event of such injury or medical expenses incurred by me.
(3) Medical Treatment: I hereby release and forever discharge ASR from any claim whatsoever which may arise or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with any emergency during my tenure as a volunteer with ASR.
(4) Assumption and Risk: I understand that the services that I provide to ASR may include activities that may be hazardous to me, including but not limited to any dog/cat related activities, such as walking, petting, and cleaning up after the animals. Also, bending and lifting of dog/cat kennels and ASR’s supplies and/or equipment. I hereby expressly assume the risk of injury or harm from these activities and release ASR from all liability for injury, illness, death or property damage resulting from the services that I provide as a volunteer or occurring while I am providing volunteer services at ASR.
(5) Photographic Release: I grant and convey to ASR all the right, title, and interests in any and all photographs, images, video, or audio recordings of me or my likeness or voice made by ASR in connections with my providing volunteer services to ASR.
(6) Animal Care: I understand that I will be working with animals that have been rescued and possibly/likely have abuse in their past. I understand that while volunteering I am not here as a hired trainer for these dogs to rehabilitate and will not attempt to train nor correct any animal behavior I may encounter. I also understand that because I am working with likely abused dogs I will not raise my voice at the dogs for any reason. I understand that if I do any of these things I could be asked to leave the facility grounds.
(7) Dress Code and Professionalism: As a volunteer with ASR you are a representative of the organization and personal cleanliness and good grooming are essential. Your personal appearance and dress should be clean, neat and professional at all times. ASR T-Shirts are encouraged for volunteers and mandatory for paid contractors. Your conduct should also be professional. Foul language and rowdiness will NOT be tolerated. As well, good customer service is expected of you if you are speaking to potential adopters.
(8) Other: As a volunteer/contractor, I expressly agree that this Waiver and Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the state of Texas and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the state of Texas. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Waiver and Release is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this release shall not be affected.