Harrison Design, an award-winning, national Architecture firm with a focus on high-end residential projects, is looking for an experienced individual to join our New York team. We are currently seeking highly organized candidates for an Intermediate Architect/Designer position who will be involved in multiple projects from pre-design through construction observation.
The primary responsibility for this position is the design, coordination, and production of detailed construction documents of custom homes. A knowledge of wood-frame residential construction methods is a must as well as 5-10 years of relevant experience. Other responsibilities include general project management, zoning analyses, field-measuring existing conditions, and coordination with outside consultants. The ability to interact professionally with clients and other industry professionals in person, through email, and on the phone is highly sought after.
The appropriate candidate will be self-motivated and have the capability of working both efficiently within a collaborative atmosphere as well as managing his/her individual time effectively. With the nature of deadlines and satisfying clients, the ability to work well under pressure and prioritize tasks is essential.
HARRISON DESIGN IS CURRENTLY SEEKING
ENTRY LEVEL ARCHITECT/DESIGNERS FOR OUR ATLANTA, GA & NAPLES, FL OFFICES.
- 1-3 years experience
- Accredited Bachelor or Masters Degree in Architecture
- Familiarity with AUTOCAD and/or REVIT
- Experience working in a professional office environment a plus
INTERMEDIATE ARCHITECT/DESIGNERS FOR OUR NAPLES, FL & NEW YORK, NY OFFICES.
- Professional degree in Architecture from an accredited program
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Thorough understanding of typical residential construction methods
- 5-10 years of experience in high-end residential work
- Ability to produce fully detailed and complete set of construction documents
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical drawing & presentation skills
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Knowledge and experience of Long Island building codes and filing practices
- NYC DOB experience
- Knowledge of Sketchup/Revit
- 3D Rendering capabilities
- Licensed/On the path to becoming licensed
- Strong understanding of typical residential structural systems
- Ability to develop architectural and millwork details
Compensation for this position is competitive and will be based on experience and qualifications. Harrison Design offers full benefits including; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K, HSA/FSA.
We invite qualified candidates to CLICK NEXT below to apply. Please be prepared to upload:
- Portfolio of past professional work including examples of construction documents (please combine in a single PDF less than 15MB in size)
- List of at least two references with contact information
Covid-19 Protocol: Harrison Design is following CDC, Federal and state guidelines and restrictions to a safe working environment. Due to the nature of joining a new team and the architectural studio atmosphere, the initial employment period for this role is primarily an in-office position. Once established, a part-time work from home arrangement can be considered.