USTA Southern and the USTA Southern Junior Team Tennis Committee understand that it is practically impossible for any site to comply in full with all the requirements. Although there are certain requirements that cannot be overlooked, USTA Southern is willing to work with a Host Committee to make certain adjustments if a Site/facility cannot meet certain requirements. Ultimately, we want to ensure that the tournament will be a positive experience for players, volunteers, staff, and all parties involved.
• The Host will provide a minimum of 50 courts (utilizing no more than 3 or 4 sites). All courts should be available for tournament play beginning Friday at 2:00 PM through all day Sunday. All site/court fees are the responsibility of the Host.
• Obtain practice courts either on site or at separate sites
• Provide back-up courts in case of inclement weather. Indoor courts at Host Site or nearby will be considered a huge asset.
• Provide permanent 10 & Under courts or courts with permanent 10 & Under lines
• Provide ice and drinking water at every site used for matches
• Provide restrooms at every court site
• Provide a tournament desk in a shaded area at each site
• Provide a room for tournament staff at Main Site and adequate working space
• Provide high speed internet access at Main Site
• Provide access to a copier at Main Site
• Provide an adequate number of squeegees or roll-dries at each site
• Provide chairs and/or benches on court for players
• Provide score markers on all courts
• Provide shaded or tented area for players at each site
• Provide fruit or snacks for players at each site
• Provide meals for players on Friday night and Saturday lunch
• Providing access to an area where teams can set up tents during the day considered a plus
• Provide a trainer at the main site
• Provide and compensate certified officials one per 8 courts
• The Host is responsible for acquiring any local or state permits for concession and souvenir sales at each site
• Send unsigned agreements of any local sponsorship to USTA Southern for approval. The sponsor must be non-competitive with USTA or USTA Southern
• Expose Southern sponsorships and partnerships at host facilities (banners, on-site activation, etc.)
• Hotel availability within close proximity to court sites. Hotels should be capable of accommodating 500 players and their guests. Recommended hotel block is 300 rooms, with 90% being doubles
• The Host will negotiate contracts with hotels to provide discounted flat room rates for up to 4 players per room. Each bid that is received by USTA Southern must be accompanied by a signed letter of intent and a guarantee from the listed hotels (price & # of rooms in the block) for 2018 and 2019. These letters of intent must be converted into contracts with the hotels 5 months prior to the tournament. The Championship Site Selection Committee will not consider a bid without accompanying letters of intent. The host must follow up with each hotel monthly beginning three months prior to the Section Championship to get documentation showing how many of the rooms in the block have been reserved by tennis players and provide this information to the USTA Southern Junior Team Tennis Coordinator.
• Obtain reasonable flat room rates with up to 4 persons per room
• Provide adequate parking (preferably free) for players and staff at all sites
• Provide 15 complimentary rooms per night from Thurs-Sun nights for USTA Southern representatives that require lodging
Attractions and Amenities for players
• Provide player welcome bag for each player to include handout information about local programs and attractions as well as coupons and/or sample products.
• Provide on-site entertainment or activities for players. Examples include jump houses, slip & slide, outdoor yard games (cornhole, ladder ball, bocce)
• The Host must have a Tournament Committee to coordinate host hotels, player meals, welcome bag assembly, on-site entertainment, event sponsorships, etc.
• Supply an adequate number of volunteers (10-20 depending on number of sites) to maintain facilities with water, ice, snacks, and to assist with site coordinating duties, registration, and lunch distribution
• Promote volunteers to serve as ambassadors for the host community at tournament sites and headquarters
USTA Southern Commitment
• Send representatives to the event including: Tournament Director, Referee, Junior Team Tennis Committee liaisons, Site Directors, and State Staff as deemed necessary by USTA Southern. All travel required of USTA Southern representatives will be funded by USTA Southern.
• Handle all team registrations and distribute team packets
• Create draws and play schedule and make it available on USTA Southern website at least one week prior to event
• Administer all aspects of event, including tournament desk and tournament referee responsibilities, with assistance from local volunteers provided by host committee
• Hold Captains meeting prior to event
• Approve use of logos and graphic designs of items produced for sale to players
• Provide awards for champions, finalists, and sportsmanship
• Provide balls for all tournament play
• Provide all players with a USTA Junior Team Tennis Southern Section Championships T-shirt
• Provide commemorative bag tag for each player
• Provide gifts for players, and team managers
• Post results and photos of the event on USTA Southern website
• Assist in sending press releases to local media before, during, and after event
• Provide photographer to photograph the weekends’ events, including team pictures