1) Complete applications must be submitted BEFORE the event has occurred.
2) NEW: Faculty are eligible to apply for a conference travel grant every other year (1 July – 30 June, based on the date of the conference). Transition: Faculty awarded a CTG in 2014-15 will be eligible to apply for conference funding again in 2015-16. The every other year rule will come into effect on July 1, 2016.
3) Applicants should apply by the appropriate deadline even if active participation in the conference has not been confirmed. Applications of this nature will be granted a conditional acceptance. Funds will be released once official confirmation is received by the Office of the Associate Vice-President (Research).
4) As of July 1st, 2015 applicants will be required to provide a 300-word description of the outcomes for their last (if applicable) Conference Travel Grant application. Your report should highlight the ways that the award facilitated and developed your research agenda (dissemination of knowledge, publications/creative work, networking and collaborative opportunities, revising or rethinking key ideas and approaches, etc.)
Note: This requirement will replace the Final Report that was due 2 months after conference participation.
5) The Senate Research Committee requires a fully itemized budget showing the
of the trip, even if above and beyond the amount of the grant.
6) In general, eligible expenses will only be considered for the
day before the event, during the event, and the day after the event.
However, additional travel days may be considered if justified in this application.
7) Meals and/or accommodation fees included in conference registration cannot be claimed.
8) All supporting documentation
must be attached
in the Attachments section before clicking "Submit". Most common document formats are supported.