The NLSC received an urgent request for a Korean speaker to provide interpretation services for a two-day international multilateral event taking place in Auckland, New Zealand from September 9-12, 2013. Interpretation support during bilateral meetings will be needed for approximately one hour during the event on September 10th and one hour on September 11th.
· Availability from September 9-12, 2013, plus travel days
· Willingness to travel to Auckland, New Zealand
· Korean interpretation experience
· Interpretation experience in a conference setting preferred
· Experience interpreting and/or translating for high-level military officials preferred
· Familiarity with military terminology
· Willing to take a formal language test administered by the NLSC Language Assessment Team
· Passport must be valid through February 1, 2014
If you meet the required qualifications and are available to assist as an NLSC language volunteer, please reply to this email no later than tomorrow, Thursday, August 29th, 2013.