Would you like us to share your contact details with other student participants at the end of the course?
If yes, please tick which details you are comfortable sharing.
Do you forsee that Language, Literacy and Numeracy will affect your learning in this training?
Do you consider youself to have a disability, impairment or long-term condition that will affect you in this training?
If you answered yes, please indicate below:
Have you completed any of the following qualifications? If yes, please tick the applicable boxes.
Dear Green Steps @ Monash Malaysia participant,
Congratulations on your selection to Green Steps! We very much look forward to working with you.
In accepting this offer it’s important you know the Green Steps @ Uni program is challenging:
- It is intellectually and energetically demanding – you’ll be in a small training group and expected to contribute as much as possible over long and intensive training days.
- It is demanding of your time, which can be difficult to manage with study, work, family and any extra-curricular commitments.
- Most importantly, it is demanding of your outlook, requiring goodwill and openness to the content, trainers and fellow participants!
By accepting your offered place in the Green Steps @ Monash Malaysia program you’re committing to the following program requirements:
1. Attend all training days. Training dates are 11 - 15 July (9:00 am - 5.00 pm on all days).
2. Actively and constructively contribute to all training activities and discussions.
3. Complete a 5 day on On-Campus Sustainability Project at Monash University Malaysia campus by the 28 August 2016.
4. Submit an On-Campus Project report by the 28 August 2016.
4. Complete a 15 day internship at a host organisation by 28 February 2017.
5. Complete a report on your internship by 28 February 2017.
6. Your host organisation and the Green Steps Training Coordinator assess your internship report and performance as at least ‘satisfactory’.
On successful completion of the first four of these requirements, you will graduate from the Green Steps @ Uni program, receive a certificate of completion, and join an alumni of almost 1000 graduates working to create environmental change around the world.
Green Steps may occasionally take photos or video footage during training, so please advise us if you would not like to be included beforehand. (Permission for use of photographs and video footage for promotional purposes will be sought in writing at the end of the training).
We look forward to having you part of Green Steps @ Monash Malaysia!
Manager, Green Steps Program
In accepting your offered place on the Green Steps program please be aware that we will turn down other keen applicants who are also able to commit to the program. So please respect this opportunity and make sure you’re aware of our policy on absence and sickness.
We understand that sickness and other unforeseen emergencies do happen. However Green Steps' training is based on hands-on action learning rather than readings and written work you can catch up on. You'll often be working in pre-formed groups and many components of the course build on each other and must be completed in a certain order. It's therefore not easy to make up learning if you are absent through sickness or other unforseen circumstances.
If you are sick or have an emergency come up you must tell your Green Steps lead trainer immediately by phone. Your trainer and the Green Steps Training Coordinator will judge on a case by case basis whether it is possible to continue with the program, and, if so, what proof of sickness you would need to provide.