Terms and Conditions
Child Protection Statement of Commitment
SU SA is committed to the safety and holistic wellbeing of all children and young people involved on our events. To ensure that children and young people are kept safe from harm, our staff and volunteers are required to possess a current Criminal History Check; agree to adhere to a code of conduct when working with children; and undergo training in child safety. SU SA takes child protection and safety seriously and consequently has policies and procedures in place to ensure that your child has the best possible experience with us.
On rare occasions a camp may need to be cancelled for reasons beyond our control (eg: low camper enrolment, matters of safety and care, etc.). In these situations we will endeavour to place your child on another camp or organise a refund. • A Camper Letter will be mailed prior to camp, including more details about the program, what to bring and site contact details. The Event Director will may also include a form for you to complete regarding travel arrangements and Medication to be taken while on camp (if applicable). • Some financial help may be given in cases of genuine need – enquiries can be made through the Event Director. • Bookings cannot be made over the telephone, though enquiries are most welcome. • SU SA may withhold a late cancellation fee. • SU SA reserves the right to reject applications.
Your Agreement with Scripture Union South Australia
I am aware in agreeing to this document for my child’s participation in this program that certain elements of the program could be physically and emotionally demanding. Furthermore, I understand that certain inherent risks and dangers may exist in the activities in which my child will be participating. I acknowledge that while Scripture Union and its leaders will make every reasonable effort to minimise exposure to known risks, all hazards and dangers associated with these activities cannot be foreseen or may be beyond the control of Scripture Union, its leaders and staff. In the event of any emergency where my nominated contact people are unavailable:
• I authorise the leaders to obtain medical advice and/or assistance which they deem necessary.
• I further authorise qualified practitioners to administer anaesthetic if required.
• I accept all operation, blood transfusion and/or anaesthetic risks involved in the event that such procedures are deemed necessary.
• I accept the responsibility for payment and agree to pay medical, transport and any other related expenses.
• I confirm that the information contained in this application is true and correct.
• I agree to inform the leader of any change to these details. I understand that the camp leaders will take all responsible care of my child whilst at camp and that SU SA or its representatives will not be liable in any injury or accident, or for damage or loss of property.
I give my consent for and agree to pay for any necessary medical treatment. I understand that in cases of my child's behaviour which jeopardises their own well-being or the well-being of others, parents/guardians will be asked to collect their child from camp.