1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in this sport and league is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
2. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of the releases or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If however I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representative and next of kin, hereby release and hold harmless, exclusive of insurance, the Nanaimo Islanders Female Hockey Association (NIFHA), their officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, with respect to any and all injury, loss of wages caused by injury, disability, death or loss or damage to person or property, whether caused by the negligence of the releases or otherwise.
I, the undersigned, agree that:
1. Any and all medical conditions or injuries will be assessed by my physician BEFORE I participate in any NIFHA hockey programs;
It is my responsibility to keep my team leader, rep, coach and/or safety person of any changes to my health or medical information;
2. In the event of a medical emergency, my team leader, rep, coach and/or safety person will either transport me or arrange for transport to the local hospital, if deemed necessary;
3. Relevant medical information may be released to appropriate NIFHA personnel as required, such as my team leader, rep, coach and/or safety person.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.