In conjunction with North Carolina A&T State University Schools and Colleges, the Office of Student Financial Aid selects and awards recipients for endowed scholarships based upon available funding. The scholarship selection seeks students with a high level of academic achievement coupled with leadership qualities, campus/community involvement, financial need, or who have achieved academic success despite significant adversity. Please review the information below prior to submitting your application.
- First priority will be given to applications received from December 1 – March
- Review the criteria listed on the website for each scholarship prior to submitting your application.
- Only one application is necessary to apply for all endowments, unless otherwise notated.
- Answer each question on the application. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Attach an outline of your leadership qualities, community service, honors & awards, etc.
- Attach any other requirements listed in the scholarship application.
To be considered for an Endowment Scholarship, a student must generally be:
- Enrolled as a degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate student in good academic standing.
- Enrolled as a full-time student for the upcoming academic year.
- Complete the Endowment Scholarship Application.
- GPA, major and classification will vary based upon each individual endowment.
The Office of Student Financial Aid will review applications and consider the merit of the applicants' academic achievement, resume, and financial need. Where notated the Dean or designee may provide recommendations of select recipients. Academic achievement is first gauged by your high school or university GPA and then by other indicators of achievement.
A limited number of endowments will be awarded each academic year. The amount of each award will vary based upon available funding as well as the donor request. Priority consideration will be given to students who submit complete applications prior to March 1. Applications will continue to be accepted beyond this date based upon available funding.
Award recipients will be notified by email and/or mail with detailed information regarding the endowment they received, award amount, and instructions to submit thank you letter.
Thank You Letter
The Office of Student Financial Aid requires all students awarded an endowed scholarship to submit a thank you letter to the donor. It is important to acknowledge those contributions that help ease the financial burden of attending college. Recipients will receive notification from the Office of Student Financial Aid with in instructions regarding the submission of this letter.
Should you have questions or concerns please contact the Office of Student Financial Aid at (336) 334-7973 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
N.C. A&T does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.