Health & Science Innovations, Inc.
The Young Innovators Quest (YiQ) will be held by Health and Science Innovations at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) from June June 3-20, 2020 and at Alivio Medical Center from June 22-26, 2020.
To apply, complete this application form and attach a PDF (or JPEG) copy of your official high school transcript and a recommendation letter from a science or math teacher. Please have these two documents ready before starting the application. The application has to be filled in one session.
If you plan on requesting financial assistance, please have your family's tax returns information from the previous year ready.
Health and Science Innovations staff will review applications after the due date of each round of applications, with final decisions made on or before May 30, 2019. Priority will be given to "Early Bird" applicants. The Young Innovators Quest selection process may include an interview. You will be contacted by Health and Science Innovations staff if you are to be interviewed as part of the selection process.
Please complete every section of this application by:
Early Bird Deadline: March 15, 2020
Final Deadline: April 20, 2020
The program fee is $985 per student, for early-bird applicants and $1285 per student for regular applicants. This amount represents about 40% of the total cost per student, the other 60% of the cost is covered by grants and donations. From these grants and donations, we have created a fund to offset the cost of the program fee for families that cannot afford to pay the full amount. The level of financial assistance will depend on available funding and the level of need. Each student may request up to $950 in assistance to offset the cost of the program.
To qualify for financial assistance a family will have to demonstrate financial hardship by providing evidence (e.g. student's participation in free and reduced meals at school, federal income tax returns, any document showing recurring expenses like mortgage, rent, student debt, etc.). We will consider financial assistance for families with a gross income below 200% of Federal Poverty Levels (https://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty-guidelines) and/or students who are currently participating in Free and Reduced Meals programs.
Program fee includes workshops, industry visits, use of laboratory equipment, materials, some meals, and overnight stay at the campus students dorms. The program fee is collected only if and when the student is accepted into the program. The program fee is non-refundable after the program starts.
Answer the following questions if you are requesting financial assistance:
Instructions for Uploaded Documents:
A recommendation letter should answer the questions below, as well as include a statement by your teacher on whether they are interested in serving as your mentor, should you continue your research project throughout the academic year following YiQ summer program. It must also be signed by your teacher and include contact information.
Your transcript should include your GPA and class rank, if applicable, and be signed by your guidance counselor. Please make sure your counselor includes contact information.
By signing below, I attest that all information included in this application is complete and correct.
Health and Science Innovations, Inc.
2060 N. Shadeland Ave., Suite 110 | Indianapolis, IN 46219
Ph: (317) 703-7836 | firstname.lastname@example.org