LITTLE YORKIE RESCUE / ADOPTION AGREEMENT
Donna Rickard Lorain, OH 44053
Little Yorkie Rescue Responsibilities
Little Yorkie Rescue agrees to provide you with an evaluation of the resucue's temperament based on the information provided to us by the surrendering owner or information provided by the shelter where the rescue came from. We understand that often times the complete history of a rescue may not be known but we will provide a rescue that has been tested for heartworm disease, vaccinated for rabies and distemper/parvo, de-wormed, treated for fleas/ticks, spayed/neutered (if possible), and microchipped. Proof of vet work will be provided to adopter upon receipt of completed contract and payment of adoption fee. Adopter will be informed of any known history of medical or behavioral issues. The organization agrees to refund the adoption fee if the adopted animal is returned within two weeks of the adoption date. Puppy Vaccinations after adoption are not included in the adoption fee. Puppies require a series of booster shots, spaced 3 weeks apart. Please follow your veterinarian’s recommendations. Any booster shots required after the date of adoption are the financial responsibility of the adopter.
1. If this dog does not adapt to my home or I cannot keep the dog for any reason, or if I intend to euthanize the dog for a treatable medical or behavioral issue, I will contact Little Yorkie Rescue to offer the animal back to the organization before relinquishing custody or possession of the animal to anyone else or prior to euthanizing the animal.
2. From the date of this contract, I agree to assume full responsibility for the veterinary care for this dog, including an annual examination and routine vaccinations and tests. I will keep the dog free of pests and parasites, including ticks and fleas. I understand that dogs require monthly medication for heartworm prevention and agree to provide this medication for the life of the dog.
3. I will provide this dog with a fully fenced-in yard, unless otherwise approved by LYR. This dog will be kept on a leash at all times when outside of a securely fenced-in area.
4. He/she shall not be kept chained or tethered. I will not leave the dog in an electronic containment system unsupervised. I will not allow this dog to live primarily outside, in a basement, garage, screened in porch, or any area other than the main living quarters.
5. I will provide a collar or harness for the dog to wear at all times. The collar must have at least two form of identification afixed. Must be two of the following (microchip tag, rabies tag, yearly Dog tags and a personal tag) and must be affixed to the collar at all times.
6. I will keep the dog’s microchip registration up to date, and will notify the microchip company of any change of contact information.
7. I agree to travel with the dog in a safe manner at all times when in a vehicle. When not in the safe arms of a passenger, I agree to provide a pet safety harness and seatbelt or a pet carier.
8. I agree to not abuse or neglect the dog and under no circumstances will physically punish the dog. Rather, I will consult with Little Yorkie Rescue Inc, my veterinarian or a trainer about the appropriate ways to deal with specific behavior problems.
9. I consent to the examination of this dog by Little Yorkie Rescue at any time in the future and acknowledge that Little Yorkie Rescue Inc has the right to reclaim this dog at any time for failure to comply with the terms of this contract or for any misrepresentation of fact made on the adoption application or in this contract.
10. If for any reason this dog is not spayed or neutered prior to the execution of this contract, I agree to have the appropriate surgical procedure performed on or before and to provide documentary proof that this has been performed. I acknowledge that until this has been accomplished, my adoption of this dog is not complete and that Little Yorkie Rescue Inc has the right to and will reclaim the dog if the operation is not performed.
11. I understand that the adoption fee is non-refundable, except as noted in the organization information and responsibilities section.
12. I understand that this is a legal and binding contract and by my signature agree to all of the terms herein.
13. I confirm that all information given in this contract is correct and accurate. I also understand that once the contract is signed and I have taken possession of the animal, I will be solely responsible for any actions of this animal and I agree to hold harmless Little Yorkie Rescue and its representatives from any liabilities, injuries or loss caused by this animal or any causes of actions, claims, suits or demands that arise from such injury, damages or losses. In the event the terms of this contract are breached, I, as the Guardian of this pet, shall owe Little Yorkie Rescue the sum of $250 for liquidated damages, and will be responsible for all attorneys fees and court costs involved, as well as returning the animal to Little Yorkie Rescue Inc. Additional comments/conditions:
I, the adopter, agree to the following terms and provisions: