1. In consideration for being allowed to adopt this animal(s) I hereby RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO HOLD RESPONSIBLE Headed For Furever from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, including court costs and attorney fees, and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or any of the property belonging to me.
2. By adopting said animal, I VOLUNTARILY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISKS OF LOSS, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, that may be sustained by me, or any loss or damage of property owned by me, as a result of adopting said canine/cat, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
3. It is my express intent that this agreement shall bind the members of my family and spouse, if I am alive, and my heirs, assigns and personal representative, if I am deceased, and shall be deemed as a RELEASE, WAIVER, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO HOLD RESPONSIBLE the above-named RELEASES.
4. IN SIGNING THIS RELEASE, I acknowledge that I am soley responsible for any and all medical care for the animal upon taking custody of the animal, including but not limited to vaccinations, spay/neuter, and other medical expenses. I further acknowledge that due to the animal’s status as a “rescue,” there is limited to no documentation as to the animal’s health and veterinary care, if any. I acknowledge that Headed For Furever is providing me with the animal as-is and is not representing in any way that the animal is up-to-date on required or voluntary vaccinations or is free of disease or medical issues. I acknowledge that Headed For Furever is not making any guarantees, expressed or implied, as to health, fitness, or temperament.
5. IN SIGNING THIS RELEASE, I acknowledge that I have read the foregoing terms, understand them, and sign it voluntarily as my own free act and deed; no oral representations, statements, or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made; I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent; and I execute this Agreement for full, adequate and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by same.
6. IN SIGNING THIS RELEASE, I acknowledge that if for any reason I am unable to care for this animal, Headed For Furever must be contacted first and have the option to take back the animal before it is given to someone else or surrendered to a shelter. I acknowledge that this animal is not allowed to be euthanized other than a legit medical reason without Headed For Furever's prior consent to do so.
7. IN SIGNING THIS RELEASE, I acknowledge that this animal(s) have to be neutered/spayed by the time they are 6 months of age unless they have been spayed/neutered already. This includes the vet paperwork being sent to Headedforfurever@gmail.com to show proof of spay/neuter and vaccinations. If this animal is not neutered/spayed by the time the animal is 6 months old, the animal(s) are to be surrendered to Headed For Furever.