Welcome to the Teaching Position Application Form for Drogheda Educate Together Secondary School for the academic year 2020/21.
Please note that, as a start-up Educate Together school as of August 2019, we are building a team who share the educational vision outlined in Educate Together's Blueprint for Second Level.
Before progressing, please note that, as teachers in Drogheda ETSS, we are:
• A restorative school that is values-based, committed to building relationships, responding to conflict in a healthy way and, connecting us to our best selves and to each other
• Using a cross-curricular and team-teaching approach whenever possible
• Using a Virtual Learning Environment both to communicate and, to store and distribute our learning materials
• Creating our own digital content and resources (Ebooks will also be used)
• Committed to fostering Student Voice and whole-school community engagement
• Committed to the principles of equality, social justice, democracy and sustainability
Please note that specific contracts and hours will not be devised until after the interview process has taken place as in the context of a start-up school a willingness on behalf of prospective teachers to teach a range of subjects will be key to ensuring the breadth of curriculum that we will be offering to our students. All positions are subject to sanction by the DES.
If applying for one or more positions, please complete one form only and indicate which subject areas you are applying for in the box below.
We look forward to reading your application and thank you for your interest in our school
You will need the following information at hand in order to complete this form:
The following are some open ended questions with a word limit of 250 words that you need to have prepared for in advance of completing the form:
· Please give a short summary of your approach to learning & teaching.
· Outline your understanding of how iPads may be utilised to enhance learning in Drogheda Educate Together Secondary School.
· Outline your approach to classroom and relationship management and how it supports quality learning & teaching.
· Describe specific examples of extra/cross-curricular activities which you would be prepared to lead in Drogheda Educate Together Secondary School.
· Having read the Educate Together Blueprint for Second Level Schools, how would the Educate Together Ethos inform your practice as a teacher in our school?
N.B. If you are not eligible, please discontinue your application.
Please note that it is a fundamental term of your employment that you make appropriate full disclosure in respect of the questions outlined above. You should also note that if the school is satisfied, in the future, that have made an incomplete or inaccurate disclosure, you may face disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal.
The school undertakes that all responses furnished by you in respect of the above questions will be treated as confidential, subject to any reporting obligations which may be imposed on the school, pursuant to “Children First” published by the Department of Children and Youth Affairs, the Child Protection Procedures for Primary and Post-Primary Schools published by the Department of Education and Skills or pursuant to any legal obligation imposed on the school to facilitate the effective investigation of crime.
In the event of your being recommended for appointment to this position, the Board of Management is obliged to comply with the terms of current DES Circular Letters. The Board of Management’s policy is that all newly appointed teachers and support staff will be vetted and that the outcome of the vetting will be considered in the light of the school’s vetting policy. This applies in respect of appointments to teaching posts, principal and deputy principal positions where the person is not currently an employee of the school and applies irrespective of whether the individual has been previously vetted or not.
The Selection Committee may be contacting the above named for references.The Board of Management is an equal opportunities employer.Short-listing of candidates may take place.Candidates may be called for more than one interview.
Data Protection: All personal information provided on this application form will be stored securely by DETSS and will be used for the purpose of the recruitment process. Application forms will be retained for a period of 4 months, and in the case of a successful candidate for the duration of his or her employment and a minimum of two years thereafter.
This information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, except where necessary to comply with statutory requirements. Internally, your information will be kept confidential and only be viewable by the Principal and those involved in short-listing.
You may, at any time, make a request for access to the personal information held about you. Should you wish to make any change, or erasures, to any information stored about you, please contact DETSS.