READING AND WRITING POWER FOR TEENS
Vocabulary Review “‘I Was Adopted,’” pages 14-17 April 2020
Directions: Reread the vocabulary definitions on page 14. Then choose the best vocabulary term from the Word Bank to complete each sentence.
1. Marcus’s birth parents made a big
so that he could have a better life.
2. Marcus and his family live in a very
3. Marcus loves his family but is also curious about his
that Marcus’s parents are his stepparents.
5. Marcus’s parents have provided him with a loving and
Now that you remember what each word means, pick the correct vocabulary word for each sentence starter and write it in the box. Then use your own words to complete each sentence.
that I’m good at basketball because
9. The reporter interviewed a
group of people for her article so that
©2020 BY SCHOLASTIC INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. PERMISSION GRANTED TO TEACHERS AND SUBSCRIBERS TO MAKE COPIES OF THIS PAGE TO DISTRIBUTE TO THEIR STUDENTS.