PMD Pro - Post Training Assessment MCQs
19th June 2020
Type here your full name
1. Which phase is continually present throughout the entirety of the PMD Pro Project Phase Model ?
Project Monitoring, Evaluation and Control
2. What term defines the amount of time that a task in a project network diagram can be delayed by without causing a delay to the project ?
3. What are responsibilities of a project manager ? (1) Ensuring the success of the project. (2) Assuming personal responsibility for completing the project work (3) Working with an array of stakeholders to complete the work of the project (4) Resolving internal conflicts among the project team
4. Which analysis tool is sometimes replaced by assets-based approach ?
5. What is the main purpose of a Gantt Chart ?
Graphically represents the schedule of project activities
Identifies the minimum amount of time required to complete project activities
Allocates the type and quantity of resources available and/or required to perform each scheduled activity
Specifically defines and describe the project scope in a decomposed hierarchy
6. What need, according to Jonathan Bradshaw’s classification, does the following statement describe ? ( A physician indicates that maternal mortality rates fail to meet the Ministry of Health’s minimum standards)
7. What is the first step to take when completing a problem tree ?
Listing the causes
Listing the effects
Identifying the starter problem
Identifying the root causes
8. What are some of the ways in which the Work Breakdown Process can be used when planning a project ? (1) Guides the process of activity identification and sequencing (2) Provides a basis for more accurate estimates of project cost (3) Graphically illustrates the start and end dates for project activities (4) Shows the hierarchy of work needed to complete a project
9. Which statement is the best example of a SMART indicator ?
Through the introduction of improved cultivation techniques, farmers have increased the productivity of their crops
During year one of the project, project staff will establish model agricultural plots to provide examples of improved cultivation techniques for farmers
In year two, 500 farmers in the project catchment area score 70% or higher on the end of training examination
Training is sufficient to introduce the adoption and application of improved agricultural techniques
10. Select the missing words in the following sentence: The [ ? ] define the horizontal logic of the logical framework matrix, and create an ‘if-then’ logic when combined with the activities, outputs, outcomes and goals.
Means of verification
11. What identifies the minimum amount of time required to complete project activities ?
Work Breakdown Structure
Activity Resource Estimating
12. What iterative process provides increasing levels of detail to the project implementation plan over time ?
Participatory Project Planning
Earned Value Analysis
Integrated Change Management
Rolling Wave Planning
13. What is the purpose of project evaluation ?
Continuously reviews project progress and identifying necessary corrective actions
Determines the extent to which the project is contributing to achievement of outcomes and goals
Constant check to ensure that the implementation is progressing as planned
Ensures that all proposed project changes are assessed and logged; and appropriate action taken
14. Which statement best describes a project extension scenario ?
The project is formally ended and all project closure activities are completed
The project team has negotiated with the project donor to add time to the project calendar in order to finish the project
Elements of the project will be replicated with a new target are or population
The project is continued via a new phase with modified interventions or activities
15. Which risk management strategy might include moving a project from one district to another because of concerns over political uncertainty ?
16. Why might an agency choose to complete an ex-post evaluation rather than a final evaluation ? (1) To determine whether the project succeeded in delivering the outputs as detailed in the logical framework (2) Study the impact of a project at a defined period of time after project completion (3) Determine which project interventions have been continued by project participants on their own (4) Collect evidence to advocate an improved development approach to a donor
Should be Empty: