Be careful when filling out the form. Choose one answer only
1. Observe the given figure. What is the angle of reflaction?
2. An object is placed between two mirrors set at an angle to each other. The location of the image of the object in mirror 1 is shown in the figure. The location of the image of that image in mirror 2 is at
3. During the refraction of light, which of the following remain constant ?
d) Both (a) and (b)
4. A ray of light passes from air into water, striking the surface of the water with an angle of incidence of 45º. Which of the following four quantities change as the light enters the water: (1) wavelength, (2) frequency, (3) speed of propagation, and (4) direction of propagation?
a) 1 and 2 only
b) 2, 3, and 4 only
c )1, 3, and 4 only
d) 3 and 4 only
e) 1, 2, 3, and 4
5. When is refraction of light NOT POSSIBLE ?
a) Only (i) and (ii)
b) Only (ii) and (iii)
c) Only (i) and (iii)
d) (i),(ii) and (iii)
6. A ray of light travels from water to air as shown below. Given that the refractive index of air is 1.0 and refrective index of water is 1.3. What is the angle of incidence?
7. The light ray in the figure is incident on a glass-air surface. The index of refraction of the glass is 1.74. The approximate critical angle for total internal reflection is
e) None of these is correct.
8. What is focal length?
a) The distance from the light source to the image
b) The distance from the object to the centre of the lense
c) The distance from the image to the centre of the lense
d) The distance from the focal point to the centre if the lense
9. The radius of curvature of a spherical mirror is 30 cm. What is its focal length?
a) 10 cm
b) 15 cm
c) 20 cm
d) 25 cm
10. Which of the following DOES NOT affect the focal length of a convex lense ?
a) Refractive index of the material for making the lense
b) Material of the lense
c) Object distance
d) Thickness of the lense
Should be Empty: