ECD-IP Project Endline Study
Childfund Philippines, Ha Uman Association, Inc., and SPUP-CDCFI
Tool 2: FGD for Parents and Alternative Caregivers
Note to field researchers: FGD respondents need to be part of the ECD-IP Project / are directly familiar with the activities of the project.
Name of Respondent
Number of Participants
Participation in ECD-IP Project
1. I wanted to start by asking if anyone here has participated in any activities by [implementing partner] and the ECD-IP project. Can you remember what these activities were? (probe around training, ECD activities, community awareness, etc.)
2. What about during the pandemic (COVID-19), did this affect the activities you were able to participate in?
3. Do you think the project activities facilitated any changes in this community? Why or why not? What were they?
4. How could the project activities be improved?
Economic and Livelihood Promotion Activities
5. Has anyone here participated in any activities of the project to improve the income of the household or create income generating activities?
6. Has this helped you to generate some extra income? How/for what purpose have you been able to use that income?
Preception and Actions on ECD
7. Have you gained knowledge and awareness about early childhood development and what social and protection services are available in your community? What information about it was the most important or relevant to you and your family?
8. How have your perceptions around early childhood development changed as a result of participating in the project? Please give me an example. Have the changes in your perceptions been different for girls as it is for boys? If yes, how so?
9. Did you make any changes in your own life because of your participation? What were they? (probe around participation in SNPs and PTOP activities, etc.).
10. How has the pandemic impacted early childhood development in your community? Why do you say that? Are there particular types of ECD issues that have gotten worse, better, or stayed the same? Have these effects been different for girls as it is for boys? If yes, how so?
11. Have you seen any positive changes in the community in terms of how children aged 3-5 years old are protected and supported over the course of the project’s life? (probe around services, leaders, family members and what has influenced those changes) have these changes been different for girls as it is for boys? If yes, how so?
12. What ECD activities by your LGU and community do you think that were NOT done before the ECD-IP Project are being done now after the project? Were there situational differences in the community before as compared to now because of these LGU / community led actions? Were there actions done or not done in the community before as compared to now because of these LGU / community led actions?
13. To further strengthen early childhood care, what do you think needs to happen?
14. Are there other changes you have noticed in your community to early childhood development that we have not yet discussed?
Should be Empty: