What is patch testing ?
Patch testing is a procedure used by the hair stylists and colour technicians before applying hair colour to the scalp. It is a simple and safe way of identifying whether the hair dye that the stylist intends to use will cause an allergic reaction with the skin.The reason patch testing is used is to ensure that the chemicals in the hair dye are safe to use on the client.
- I am aware and understand that receiving and hair colour service can in some individuals cause an allergic reaction.
- I understand a negative skin patch test does not guarantee that a reaction will not occur.
- I fully understand that this reaction can occur at any time even if I have recieved this service on previous occasions.
- I further understand that it is the above mentioned hairdressers policy to preform a skin patch test 48hours prior to all colour services.
- I also understand these risks and if I have any concerns I will seek medical advice prior to any colour service.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to inform the hairdresser if there are any reactions.
- Further, I grant the above mentioned hairdresser permission to colour my hair and not hold them responsible for any, and all adverse health reactions from this service.