Please include dates employed, Employer name, address and phone number, Position, Salary, Wage, Supervisor's name and phone number, and your reason for leaving.
Other Relevant Experience
Please list any other experience you have, including dates, employer name address and phone number, position, salary, supervisor's name and phone number, and reason for leaving.
Please list four individuals who are very familiar with your professional work and character who may be contacted. Please include their name, position, business phone, home or cell phone, and address.
In the field below, please respond to each of the following questions:
1. Why do you want to be a teacher for the Oelwein Community Schools?
2. What experience do you have specific to the position you are applying for and how would you use that experience to be a success in the Oelwein Commuunity Schools?
3. Describe your greatest accomplishments as an educator.
List degrees, honors, commendations, elective or appointive offices held, or other distinctions received.
Responding "yes" to any of the previous questions is not an automatic bar to employment. The date of the offense and the relationship between the offense or infraction and the position for which you are applying will be considered.
IF YES, PLEASE FILL OUT NEXT SECTION
AGREEMENT (Read carefully before signing or submitting electronically)
By my signature:
• I acknowledge that individuals who provide false, inaccurate, or incomplete information in the application form, in an interview, or any other part of the hiring process or who fail to disclose information requested in the application form, in an interview, or any other part of the hiring process will not be eligible for employment, or, if they are hired, they will be subject to termination.
• I acknowledge that to the fullest extent permitted by state and federal law, the District will consider all information concerning an applicant or an employee in making hiring, termination, and other employment-related decisions. The term "all information" includes information of any kind (verbal, written, photographic, videographic, etc.) that is accessible in any medium (print, electronic, etc.) from any source.
• I acknowledge that the District will consider public information and other information to which it has lawful access. This may include information that is contained in social networking sites, blogs, and other electronic sites, such as YouTube. If there is information that pertains to me that I believe requires explanation, interpretation, or clarification when it is considered by the District, it is my obligation to communicate this information to the District.
• I authorize the District to conduct a complete check regarding my background including, but not limited to, criminal record, child and dependent adult abuse registry screening, and sex offender registry. I agree to prepare and sign any other form necessary to complete a criminal background check. I further authorize all government agencies departments, bureaus, or related entities to release any and all information regarding my criminal history, if any. I agree to immediately notify the District if I should be convicted of any crime while my application is pending, or during my period of employment, if hired.
• I authorize all current and former employers, teachers, and references to release all information regarding my professional competence, performance, character, and background. I waive any right I may have against any person contacted as a reference concerning this application.
• I acknowledge that information that is relevant to the District’s decisions will be considered regardless of the date on which the District obtains the information and regardless of the date on which the information was first published, created, or made accessible to the District.
• I understand that this application will be considered active for twelve (12) months from the date filed. I further understand that if I am employed by the Oelwein Community Schools, this application and associated documents will become part of my permanent record.
• I understand that this application is not a contract of employment. In accepting the position, if hired, I understand that employment is at will, unless otherwise specified by the Code of Iowa. I acknowledge that the District may discharge an at-will employee at any time for any legal reason or no reason at all.
• I agree to submit to both pre-employment and post-employment random drug and alcohol testing. (Note: This only applies to Bus Drivers as required by the State of Iowa.)
By my electronic submission of this form:
• I attest that all the information contained in this application is accurate, complete, and true.
• I am bound by all elements of the agreement section of the application.
• I understand and accept that electronic submission will be considered equivalent to an original hand written signature on a paper copy of the application.
1. All application materials should be returned to:
Mr. Josh Ehn, Supt.
Oelwein Community Schools
307 Eighth Ave. SE
Oelwein, IA 50662
2. Applicants, and/or their designees, are asked not to contact members of the Board of Directors during this search process.
3. Screening for this position will continue until the position is filled.
4. In order to be considered for this position, your application materials must include the following (please do not staple or bind your application materials):
a. A letter of application
b. Completed application form (including signatures)
d. Four recent letters of recommendation regarding your professional work (credentials will
suffice if the information is current)
e. A copy of (or documented evidence of eligibilty) a current Iowa teachers license and endorsements
f. Photocopy of college/university transcripts
5. For further information contact:
Mrs. Cindy Hill
Secretary to Superintendent
Central Office Building
The Oelwein Community School District will select for employment qualified applicants for each position without improper discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ethnic background, age, or disability. Persons with disabilities who can perform the essential functions of an assignment with or without reasonable accommodation shall be considered qualified applicants. The District shall take affirmative action in the recruitment, appointment, assignment and advancement of personnel to accomplish the goals of equal employment opportunity. In keeping with the law, the District shall consider the veteran status of applicants.