This form will take approximately 10 minutes to complete.
Several consent and policy forms within the intake will require your E-Signature.
Please do not print these forms. Please fill them out online 24 hours before our visit. We are a Paperless Practice utilzing Electronic Health Records.
All information is Confidential.
Page 1 of 13
Please mark the date of your Appointment on your calendar. While we make every effort to remind our clients of appointments by email and phone two or more days prior to the appointment, it is the client's responsibility to maintain his or her schedule. Missed appointments will be invoiced at full cost. Extenuating circumstances will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. A strict twenty-four hour (1 full business day) notice via voice mail and email are acceptable. Advance notice allows us to better accommodate our clients on the waiting list. Thank you for your cooperation.
Page 2 of 13
Privacy of your personal information is an important part of Erica L. Robinson, NDs practice, while providing you with quality naturopathic care. We understand the importance of protecting your personal information. We are committed to collecting, using and disclosing your personal information responsibly. We will try to be as open and transparent as possible about the way we handle your personal information.
All staff members who come in contact with your personal information are aware of the sensitive nature of the information that you have disclosed to us. They are trained in the appropriate use and protection of your information. All electronic forms and consent forms are viewed only by Erica L. Robinson, ND unless you have specifically signed a Release of Records to make these forms available to another Health Care Provider or family member. In-office forms at The World Of My Baby are utilized by the staff of the centre and adhere to the appropriate use and protection of your information.
How our Clinic Collects, Uses and Discloses Patients’ Personal Information:
The Clinic / Practice of Erica Robinson ND understands the importance of protecting your personal information. To help you understand how we are doing that, we have outlined how the clinic is using and disclosing your information.
The clinic will collect, use and disclose information about you for the following purposes:
By signing this Patient Consent Form, you have agreed that you have given your consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal information as outlined above.
I have reviewed the above information that explains how Erica Robinson ND will use my personal information and the steps that the centre / clinic is taking to protect my information.
I agree that the Erica Robinson ND can collect, use and disclose personal information as set out above in the information about the clinic / centres’s privacy policies.
Page 3 of 13
Please note that this form must be signed prior to your first appointment.
Naturopathic medicine is the treatment and prevention of diseases by natural means. Naturopathic Doctors assess the whole person, taking into consideration physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects of the individual. Gentle, non-invasive techniques are generally used in order to stimulate the body’s inherent healing capacity. Your clinician, Erica Robinson ND, will take a thorough case history, perform a physical examination, which can include a breast exam, and take blood and urine samples. If your case requires, the physical may include more specific examinations such as gynecological, rectal, prostate or genital exams.
It is very important that you inform your Naturopathic Doctor immediately of any disease process from which you are suffering and any medications/over the counter drugs that you are currently taking. Please advise your Naturopathic Doctor immediately if you are pregnant, suspect you are pregnant or if you are breast-feeding.
As a patient you will receive information about your diagnosis and/or treatment, alternative courses of action, the material effects, costs, expected benefits, risks, side effects and in each case the consequences of not having the diagnosis and/or treatment acted upon.
The staff is trained to handle emergencies should the need arise.
There are some slight health risks associated with treatment by naturopathic medicine.
These include but are not limited to:
- Homeopathic remedies may occasionally result in the aggravation of pre-existing symptoms. When this occurs the duration is usually short.
- Some patients experience allergic reactions to certain supplements and herbs. Please advise your clinician of any allergies you may have.
- Pain, bruising or injury from venipuncture or acupuncture or parental therapy.
- Fainting or puncturing of an organ with acupuncture needles or accidental burning of the skin from the use of moxa.
- Muscle strains and sprains or disc injuries from spinal manipulation.
- There is a very small potential for stroke in neck manipulation. Patients are thoroughly screened by the clinician prior to manipulating the neck.
- The staff and Erica Robinson ND are trained to handle emergencies should the need arise.
- The clinic does not guarantee treatment results.
- That Erica Robinson ND will explain to me the exact nature of any treatment provided and will answer any questions I may have.
- I am free to withdraw my consent and to discontinue treatment at any time.
Page 4 of 13
This section is in accordance with Canada's New Anti-Spam Legislation that came into effect July 1, 2014
In order to contact patients about clinic changes, promotions, products, events, newsletters, workshops and programs, we require your consent below. You may choose to withdraw consent at any time and you will no longer receive emails from Erica L. Robinson, ND or The World of My Baby.
Dr. Erica L. Robinson, Naturopathic Doctor
At The Bronte Naturopathic Clinic
400 Bronte St S Unit 215
Milton, ON L9T 1R8
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Page 5 of 13
I want to provide you with support on your healing journey, and I endorse transparency and setting expectations up front so we are both on the same page with what I can provide outside of our visists together. This is our Communication Policy:
- Questions are not answered on Text Message or Social Media Platforms for legal reasons
- Email poses security risks. To ask questions online, please utilize the Secure Messaging System through Patient Fusion. Questions will be answered by my next business day.
- Urgent Questions: call the Office at 905-940-6340 and leave a message with my Assistant Lori. She will call you back as soon as possible with the answer I provided
- Complex questions and new concerns: please book a 15 or 30 minute follow-up visit so I can provide you with the naturopathic support you deserve
Page 6 of 13
Note: We use Practice Fusion Electronic Health Records for all Patient Charts which is HIPAA-Compliant and provides industry-leading data system security. Practice Fusion allows you to instantly access your records online and communicate with your doctor securely. Learn more at http://www.practicefusion.com/secure-ehr/
Why do genetics matter? There is a large genetic role in risk of disease. Most times genetics do not guarantee a condition but they predispose one to certain conditions, and if we know your predispositions, we can actively work to prevent them from occurring.
Parent / Guardian 1
PLEASE ENSURE the email address you enter is Accurate as this is the number one reason people are unable to access their online charts!
Parent / Guardian 2
Page 7 of 13
Nutrition / Diet
At what age did your child first: