1. What is the representative APR variable?
2. How many months interest free are there on retail purchases?
3. What is the interest free period in months on balance transfers?
4. What is the balance transfer administration fee on the product?
5. Within what period must a balance transfer be made to ensure that the applicant receives the 0% interest offer?
Within a month
Within two months
Within three months
Within six months
6. How many bonus Nectar points can be earned each time a customer spends £20 on their first ten shops?
7. What is the duration of the offer in which a customer can earn bonus Nectar points with each £20 spend in Sainsburys in store or online?
8. What is the cash equivalent value of 1000 points worth?
9. What is the minimum payment that must be made on each statement?
2.25% or £5 or the full balance if less than £5
3% or £10 or the full balance if less than £10
2.25% or £10 or the full balance if than £10
5% or £5 or the full balance if less than £5
10. On what network is the Sainsbury's Bank credit card issued?
11. Who must tick the box to establish the applicant does not need further support with their application?
Doesn’t matter who ticks the box
12. What should you do if the applicant does need additional support?
Make a note but carry on with the application regardless
Allow the applicant to complete the application
Refuse to take the application & tell the potential applicant that you are unable to help them
Either ask the potential applicant to make a call to the contact centre or offer the use of a telephone in store
13. What should you do if you encounter an elderly customer?
Complete the application disregarding the fact they are older; a sale is a sale after all
Refuse to take an application from an older customer
Look out for possible signs of vulnerability
14. Which of the following could be classed as a sign of vulnerability:
Applicant appears to be in a rush
Applicant appears to be having difficulty in recalling basic personal information
Applicant is older and slower paced than other applicants
We view every customer as vulnerable to be on the safe side
15. An applicant may be classed as vulnerable if:
The wear glasses
They have a hearing aid
They appear confused or unaware of their personal details and have difficulty recalling this information
They tell you they are divorced
16. Which of the following might cause you to believe that an applicant is vulnerable?
They are unemployed
They suffer from a mental health condition, critical or terminal illness
They have been made redundant
They are retired
17. If an applicant wishes to complain about the product they have signed up for you should:
Give them ODM’s telephone number
Give them your Manager's telephone number
Empathise, listen to the complaint and then direct them to Sainsbury’s Bank contact centre or website to progress their complaint
Disregard any complaints – they are nothing to do with us
18. How do Sainsbury’s Bank expect ODM staff to ensure that applicants are able to repay the credit card they are applying for?
It’s up to applicant to establish that
Sales Executive to read the “Change of circumstances” script
Ask the applicant to read the “change of circumstances” script
It makes no difference as long as it’s covered
19. What action do you need to take with the applicant in respect of the summary box
There is no action to take as the summary box will be sent to the applicant if their application is successful
Show the applicant the page only
Show the applicant the page and read the script to them
20. What documentation should an applicant take away with them after their application has been accepted?
There is nothing for the customer to take away
All documentation will be sent to the applicant later on
21. What does the term Treating Customers Fairly mean?
Being polite & courteous
Making sure you give enough factual information for the applicant to make an informed choice
Treating an applicant as you would expect to be treated yourself
22. What should you do if a customer cannot decide whether or not to apply for the product
Give advice to help them decide
Offer encouragement and persuade them to apply – it’s your job to get applications
Offer to go over the features, benefits and risks again to assist them
23. What are the three recognised stages of money laundering?
Placement, layering and integration
Positioning, leverage and integration
Procurement, layering and installation
24. What body regulates consumer credit in the UK?
Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
Office of Fair Trading (OFT)
HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
Information Commissioners Office (ICO)
25. Ensuring you protect the security of any sensitive customer data is a major part of your role. Which act of Parliament governs how businesses manage customer data in the UK?
Health and Safety at Work Act
Data Protection Act
Consumer Credit Directive
Human Rights Act
26. What ID do you need to wear to identify yourself to applicants?
A Sainsbury’s name badge
There is no requirement to wear any ID
An ODM ID badge on an ODM lanyard
27. What is the maximum number of expressions of rejection that you can deal with before closing the conversation?
As many as you need to in order to get obtain an application
28. Where should you store your tablet when not in use?
Securely on your person or in your shoulder bag
Put it inside the podium
Leave it on top of the podium in case a colleague needs to use it
29. Who is responsible for the security of your tablet?
Sainsbury’s/ Sainsbury’s Bank
30. Is it important that a customer’s details are accurately recorded and checked before pressing “submit” at the end of the application?
It doesn’t matter as the bank can correct them later
It’s important because we don’t want to offend them
It’s important to ensure accuracy to give the customer the best possible customer experience
31. If an applicant asks you to advise them on the suitability of the product for their needs how should you respond?
Tell them that you are unable to advise them but you can give them factual information on the features, benefits & risks.
Make a judgement on whether you think the product is suitable for them
Your role is to get as many applications as possible so do whatever it takes
6 digit ODM code
Submit Competency Test
Should be Empty: