TNBA Bill Rhodman Memorial
Men / Women / Seniors / Super Seniors
March 29-31, 2019
Bowling Center will be Super Bowl Lanes
**Host Hotel: Detroit Marriott-Livonia**
Jerome Lewis 513-703-6824
Classic Bowler Information
Mixed Doubles Bowlers Information
(Failure To Read Is No Excuse)
MIXED DOUBLES SCRATCH (Man & Woman)
1. Eligibility - All 2018-19 TNBA members and who are certified by USBC.
2. Entries close Friday, March 29, 2019 at 7:00pm (Last Squad). Reserved entries must be accompanied by a certified check or money order accepted where application is not fully completed. Entries will be accepted at the site if spots are available on either of the squads. (NO PERSONAL CHECKS)
3. All entries received and processed are subject to a $5.00 cancellation fee per entry. THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS FOR NO-SHOWS.
4. Tournament Format - Four (4) games bowled across eight (8) lanes.
5. Re-Entry - Unlimited re-entries permitted, however each entrant may cash only once with the same partner.
6. Cross-Over Entries - Pay the Cross-Over Entry fee and match your scores with another bowler of the opposite gender on the same squad.
7. Prize fund will be paid 100%. Prize ratio will be at least one (1) prize for every eight (8) entries. Any bowler who qualifies for total winnings of $600.00 or more during the tournament must provide a tax identification number to receive awarded prize(s).
8. Membership cards - TNBA - $26.00 & USBC cards at the published rate may be purchased at the Tournament site for this event.
9. Current PBA or Senior PBA members, regardless of classification will not be permitted to bowl in TNBA Tournaments. Past PBA/PWBA/Senior PBA champions, regardless of classification, may be permitted to bowl if their championship was not within the last 10 years. Former PBA/PWBA/ Senior PBA members who have not held a card for the past (1) year are eligible to bowl in TNBA Classic Tournaments. Current PWBA members who have bowled two (2) times in the past three (3) years in the Southern Rhodman Classic Tournament will be permitted to bowl in TNBA Tournaments.
10. Premature termination of the tournament brought about by war, national emergency or emergency causes relating thereto or there from; fires, strikes, lockouts, labor difficulties or other reasons beyond the control of the TNBA Bill Rhodman Classic, shall cause the foregoing prize schedules to be prorated in accordance with the number of entrants who have bowled.
11. All rules not stated above will be governed by TNBA and USBC rules.
12. Anyone employed by Super Bowl Lanes from January 1, 2019 until the tournament is not eligible to participate.
13. The Tournament Director will make all final decisions and reserves the right to refuse or reject any and all entries.
BY ACKNOWLEDGING AND SIGNING BELOW, I AM DELIVERING AN ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE THAT WILL HAVE THE SAME EFFECT AS AN ORIGINAL MANUAL PAPER SIGNATURE. THE ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE WILL BE EQUALLY AS BINDING AS AN ORIGINAL MANUAL PAPER SIGNATURE.
CLASSIC DIVISION Men (49 and under), Women (All Ages), Seniors (50-59)* and Super Seniors (60 and up)
1. Eligibility - All 2018-19 TNBA members of the CENTRAL REGION as defined by TNBA, and who are certified by USBC. NEW this year there are four different catagories open to all bowlers. All bowlers must provide birthdate as of March 29, 2019, the start of the tournament.
2. Entry closing date: All entries must be fully paid and filed with the Tournament Director by Friday, March 29, 2019 or the first 150 Men, 80 Women, 60 Seniors, and 40 Super Seniors. All entries must be accompanied by certified check or money order. (NO PERSONAL CHECKS) Walk-In Entries will be accepted if spots are available. All Men,Women, Seniors, and Super Senior entries this year MUST be paid by 11pm, March 29, 2019.
3. Tournament Format: Please Read This Section Of The Rules
a) All entrants will bowl two (2) four (4) game blocks - (8 games) on Saturday, March 30, 2019.
b) On Sunday, March 31, 2019, the field is then cut to the top 64 Men, 32 Women, 32 Seniors, and 32 Super Seniors (based on entries) ALL PINS FROM SATURDAY WILL BE DROPPED. The field will then be bracketed (i.e. 1 vs 64), (2 vs 63) and so on. Bowlers will bowl 3 games in a head to head match with total pins determining the winners moving on to the next match.
c) After the 1st round of bowling all matches will be a 2 game head to head match with total pins determing the winners moving on to the next match.
d) Once we get down to the top 4 in each division, these bowlers will bowl 1 game, stair-step position, starting with the fourth (4th) place bowler, who bowls the third (3rd) place bowler and so on to determine the Champion in each division.(Men, Women, Senior*, and Super Senior). Seeding in the final four will be determined by the total pins knocked down on Sunday.
e) The final roll-off game between the top two (2) finalists for the championship will be bowled on a neutral pair of lanes for each division.
4. In case of a first place tie, there will be two additional frames 9th and 10th rolled until the tie is broken.
5. ALTERNATE BOWLER: When an alternate bowler enters the tournament the bowler that is being replaced cannot return in this tournament. The alternate assumes the score of the bowler he/she is replacing, minus one hundred (100) pins.
6. TNBA and USBC cards may be purchased at the tournament site. USBC cards are $24 and TNBA cards are $26. All bowlers must show proof of sanctions in TNBA AND USBC before bowling.
7. All entrants are REQUIRED to wear shirt/blouses with participants name on the back. Tank tops, halter tops , or tee-shirts are not allowed. No jeans (of any color), sweats, or spandex (pants/skirts) will be allowed. Only women bowlers may wear walking shorts (skirts/shorts) cannot be shorter than arm's length above the knee. Bowlers may not wear headgear of any kind. There will be a $25.00 fee per squad for any infraction of this rule.
THIS WILL BE ENFORCED.
8. Current PBA/PWBA or Senior PBA members, regardless of classification will not be permitted to bowl in TNBA Tournaments. Past PBA/PWBA/Senior PBA champions, regardless of classification, may be permitted to bowl if their championship was not within the last 10 years. Former PBA/PWBA/ Senior PBA members who have not held a card for the past (1) year are eligible to bowl in TNBA Classic Tournaments. (revised 10/2/2016)
9. Prize fund will be paid 100%. Prize ratio will be at least one (1) prize for every eight (8) entries. Any bowler who qualifies for total winnings of $600.00 or more during the tournament must provide a tax identification number to receive awarded prize(s).
12. Anyone employed by Super Bowl Lanes from January 1, 2019 until the start of the tournament is not eligible to participate.