Writing is one of the best ways for youth to express themselves, and JSAF members will have the chance to explore some topics related to the sheep industry in the essay contest. Awards will be presented to the top essays in peewee, junior, intermediate and senior divisions.
1. Individuals must be official bona fide members of the JSAF to qualify.
2. To participate, members must submit their essays via the online submission form by the published deadline.
3. One (1) essay per member will be accepted.
4. Essays MUST be composed on the topics and follow the word counts listed below.
5. Essays must have been composed by the youth (dictating to parents to input into online form is acceptable for younger members). Entrants will be asked to certify that their essay follows this rule on the online submission form.
6. Essays will be judged beforehand and displayed at the end of year event.
7. Winners in each division will receive awards during the awards ceremony.
Tell us about your favorite sheep. What is their name? What breed are they? What makes them special?
Word Count -
(Note: If you are a parent/adult typing this as the member dictates, please note this at the bottom of the essay.)
Sheep require lots of things to survive. What are some of the things you do to keep your sheep healthy, and why are the important?
Note: If you are a parent/adult typing this as the member dictates, please note this at the bottom of the essay.)
Sheep production is growing as an industry in Florida, as the number of sheep and sheep producers continues to rise. What do you think is in store for the future of Florida’s sheep industry?
Many different breeds of sheep exist today. As the industry changes, do you think it is more important to keep the majority of sheep as purebreds or continue using and introducing crossbreds?
By checking the box below, I affirm that it is my own work (or the work of the JSAF member I am submitting this essay for) and it meets the requirements stated above.