The Counseling Clinic
We are a licensed counseling clinic with several years of experience specializing in various counseling. We value our relationship with our clients and believe that such relationship is the beacon in the healing process.
We believe that each individual is unique and has his own way of addressing resolutions. Thus, we believe in a wellness model that helps our clients empower themselves by focusing on what works for them and not in a systematic approach that provides a generic procedure on working on a treatment. One's journey is not the same as the other.
1. Unless there is an emergency, all the therapy sessions are private and confidential with the exception of specific exceptions described below:
a. Child, elder or dependant abuse,
b. Expressed threats of violence toward an ascertainable victim,
c. Detailed planning or concrete signs of future suicide attempts,
d. Sharing information is necessary to facilitate client care across multiple providers,
e. Sharing information is necessary for the treatment,
f. Requests from legal and administrative institutions.
2. With the Client's prior written consent, the Counselor may legally speak to another healthcare provider or Client's family members in emergency situations. The Client may direct the Counselor to share information with whomever the Client desires, and the Client may change his/her mind anytime and revoke the permission.
3. The Counselor is allowed to keep brief notes of the therapy session which shall be kept in strict confidence. The Client may, at any time request a copy of the notes kept during the therapy session.
4. The Client may ask questions on what to expect during and end result of the therapy.
5. The Client may decline to proceed the therapy as to the techniques which may be conducted by the therapist.
6. The Client may cease to continue therapy anytime, without any impediment and may return to therapy anytime.
7. The therapist has the right to dismiss the Client from the course of therapy.
I have reviewed this Professional Counseling Informed Consent Agreement.
I accept this agreement and consent to counseling.