Courtney Gillaspia 405-219-9712
Placenta Encapsulation Legal Contract 2019
Limitations and Disclaimer
Okie Babies Birth Services is not a pharmacy, pharmaceutical representative, holistic practitioner, herbalist, or medical doctor. Benefits of placentophagy are supported by ongoing research but have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Placentophagy, (as it pertains to this contract agreement, is for natural nutritional supplementation and is intended solely for ingestion by the mother who has birthed the placenta(s) and not for her family members, friends, or other individuals), is a natural nutritional supplement and as such cannot be guaranteed to produce specific results.
Okie Babies Birth Services, (Here-as referred to as OBBS) will pick up the client’s placenta(s) if previously at birth location for another service depending on previous agreed upon arrangements made between OBBS and said client, to be outlined in the “Client Responsibility” section below.
Proper cleanliness and preparation precautions for ingesting the placenta will be carried out by OBBS to ensure the highest quality of placenta encapsulation possible for the age and storage methods of the placenta(s) before the encapsulation process.
OBBS will finish the encapsulated placenta pills in a timely fashion. Arrangements will be made for pick up or delivery of the finished placenta pills from OBBS on the day discussed and agreed upon by both parties. OBBS will provide a detailed written explanation of the proper storing and handling of the finished placenta pills and suggestions for daily ingestion recommendations.
It is the client’s responsibility to notify OBBS as soon after the birth as possible (preferably the same-day as the birth itself) to be able to follow agreed upon procedures from then forward. Failure to do so may result in delayed placenta preparation and encapsulation and may cause decreased potency of nutrients, hormones, and other beneficial attributes of the placenta(s), and even spoilage of the placenta(s) which would render it unusable for encapsulation (maximum refrigeration time should be 2 days). It is also the client’s responsibility to discuss release of her placenta(s) after her birth from the establishment where she delivers and to ensure proper storage of her placenta(s) in a refrigerator or cooler with the placenta(s) placed on ice until it can be picked up or delivered to OBM for preparation and encapsulation.
It is also the client’s responsibility to inform OBBS of any known blood-borne illness(es) or other health issues that I, Courtney Gillaspia, may become infected with through contact of bodily fluids (specifically maternal and fetal blood and amniotic fluid), such as HIV, hepatitis, STD’s, etc.
OBBS Encapsulation Services includes:
• The full placenta preparation and encapsulation process
• Proper storage container of the completed placenta pills
• Written instructions for proper storage and handling of the finished placenta pills
• Suggestions for ingestion amounts
• Pick up or Delivery via car, or by mail, as agreed upon by both parties
The above outlined OBBS Encapsulation Service is provided for a fee of $150, adding 2 conatainers of Salve is $15 more, adding canvas prints of placenta is $20 more. Tincture is $5 and cord keepsake is FREE with any other placenta services.
The policy of refund of payment is as follows:
• If the client chooses to terminate the contract, thereby voiding the agreement for placenta encapsulation by OBBS, the client must contact OBBS to terminate the contract BEFORE OBBS acquires the placenta(s) originally intended for encapsulation in order to receive a refund of any moneys paid to OBM by the client minus a 10% cancelation fee.
• If the client chooses to terminate the contract after OBBS has already acquired the client’s placenta(s) for the encapsulation process but contacts OBBS BEFORE the encapsulation process has begun, a handling fee of $50 will be owed to OBBS (if a greater amount than $50 has already been paid to OBM by the client, OBM will refund the difference.) OBBS will then return the non-encapsulated placenta(s) to the client so that the client may dispose of the placenta(s) properly.
•If the client has been notified of any reason not to consume the placenta, ie. infection, etc and no services has been rendered, including transport, the contract will be voided upon agreement of both parties. If OBBS has already transported the placenta, yet has not encapsulated the placenta, a $50 charge will accrue, and all other monies paid will be refunded. If the placenta has been encapsulated, and OBBS has not been notified prior, total fees will be due or forfeited at that time.
• If the client decides that she does not want the finished placenta pills AFTER OBBS has begun the encapsulation process, or if it the process has been completed, the client will not be refunded any moneys already paid to OBBS and will owe OBBS the balance of the fee previously agreed upon if the balance is still owed (i.e. no refund or waiving of fees will be made).
Payment is due upon booking, invoice will be sent for the total fee due.
Traveling fee of $50 will be added if the distance to pick up is over 50 miles one way, from my home in Cushing Oklahoma.
In signing this Contract, you agree that you have read and understand the Service Descriptions and Agreement for Okie Babies Birth Services -Placenta Encapsulation Service and that you agree to the terms and conditions outlined therein, as well as the stated fee.