THIS AGREEMENT is made between the Southern Utah Officials Association, and the selected official.
In consideration of the following mutual promises, the Southern Utah Officials Association and the Official agree as follows:
1. Term. The term of this Agreement is for one year only, beginning on July 1, of calendar year selected below and terminating June 30 of calendar year selected below.
2. OFFICIAL’S STATUS. The Official is an independent contractor for all purposes related to the performance of officiating and officiating related work, including travel to and from games, meetings, seminars, camps, and clinics and is not an employee of the Southern Utah Officials Association. The official is advised to obtain and maintain in effect during the term of this Agreement medical insurance and disability insurance for officiating and officiating related work.
3. ASSIGNMENTS. This Agreement, which makes the Official a member of the Southern Utah Officials Association’s officiating roster for the sports designated below, does not obligate the Southern Utah Officials Association to make any game assignments to the Official nor does it obligate the Southern Utah Officials Association to make minimum number of or certain quality level assignments to the Official. This agreement does obligate the Official to attend meetings, camps and clinics, and to take such qualifying tests, trials, and examinations as required. Officials agree to maintain the standards outlined in the “Code of Ethics and Rules of Conduct” on all officiating and officiating work. All assignments are subject to change within the discretion and for the best interests of the Southern Utah Officials Association.
4. TERMINATION. This agreement may be terminated at any time by either the Southern Utah Officials Association, or the Official, upon written notice, to be received ten days prior to the effective date of termination.
5. HOLD HARMLESS AND IDEMNIFICATION. The Official agrees to hold Members of the Board of Directors, Supervisors, Assigners, and Independent Contractors, from any and all liability of any nature for claims made by any person or entity for injuries or damages alleged to have been or actually caused by the Official’s negligent, reckless, intentional acts or omission related to or arising out of the Official’s officiating or officiating related work under this agreement.
6. BINDING EFFECT. This Agreement is binding upon the Southern Utah Officials Association and Official’s assigns, successors, legal representatives, and heirs.
7. DUES. Officials agree to pay dues for each sport they officiate, according to the table below.
1 Sport: $ 40.00
2 Sports: $ 55.00
3 Sports: $ 70.00
4 Sports: $ 85.00
*Fall & Spring Baseball Constitutes as ONE Sport
Turnback #1: $ 15.00
Turnback #2: $ 25.00
Each Subsequent Turnback: $ 25.00
W/in 24 hours: $ 50.00
Late: $ 10.00 (As Determined by Sport)
No-Show: $ 50.00