AGREEMENT AND GENERAL RELEASE
Thank you for offering your time to volunteer with/visit Circle L Ranch. Please read through the Agreement below, complete and sign the form at the bottom, and mail or return to staff.
1. Voluntary Acknowledgment and Participation: I acknowledge that I have voluntarily agreed to serve as a volunteer for, or I have agreed to be a visitor on the property managed by Feathers Foundation and/or Circle L Ranch Animal Rescue & Sanctuary (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Circle L Ranch”), which are nonprofit entities organized under the laws of the State of Arizona. I am referred to as a “volunteer/visitor”. If I am a volunteer, I offer to perform as a volunteer of my own volition and agree that no one has demanded that I participate in any activity with Circle L Ranch.
2. Nature and Scope of Services: As a volunteer/visitor, I acknowledge that I may be contributing my time and effort to various programs of Circle L Ranch and performing a wide range of services. These services will be performed by me as assigned by an officer, director, employee or another volunteer/visitor of Circle L Ranch. In the course of performing these services, I agree:
- To complete all required orientation, training, and paperwork related to my volunteer/visitor position(s).
- To disclose any physical or psychological limitations to appropriate staff before participating in any activity. Since I may be interacting with animals, healthy or sick, big and small, and may be lifting, carrying, moving, or otherwise engaging in physical labor, I will be respectful of my own limitations and inform staff immediately of any such limitations.
- To read and obey all safety rules and regulations, stated or posted. In the interest of the safety of the animals, staff and volunteers/visitors, I acknowledge that Circle L Ranch has the right to revoke volunteer/visitor privileges if these rules and regulations are not followed.
- To treat all Circle L Ranch staff, volunteer/visitors, the animals, property, tools and equipment with respect and kindness. I will also return all Circle L Ranch property when my volunteer/visitor relationship ends.
- To not place myself or anyone else in harm’s way by attempting to break up a dogfight with my hands or feet and agree to immediately call staff to intervene.
- If I walk dogs, I will keep the dogs on a leash at all times and take all necessary steps to protect the dog as well as any people or animals encountered.
- That either Circle L Ranch or I can terminate this relationship at will.
3. No Compensation: I agree to provide my services without compensation. I will not be compensated for my efforts nor am I an agent or contractor of Circle L Ranch. I agree that I am not and will not become an employee, partner, agent, contractor or principal of Circle L Ranch upon execution of this Agreement or the performance of the services I provide.
4. RESPONSIBILITY for my Own Acts and Omissions: I agree to be legally and financially responsible and will indemnify and hold Circle L Ranch harmless for my own acts and omissions. I acknowledge that I am responsible for providing my own medical, liability and auto insurance during my volunteer/visitor term. I understand that I am not covered by workers’ compensation nor insured by Circle L Ranch during the performance of my volunteer/visitor duties and tasks, including when driving a vehicle or transporting an animal.
5. ASSUMPTION OF RISK: I am voluntarily participating in the activities of Circle L Ranch with full knowledge of the risks and dangers involved and agree to accept any and all risks of injury death, or damage to myself and/or my personal property. As a volunteer/visitor, I may come into contact with and interact with animals, and such contact entails risk of personal injury due to proximity to animals, dangerous equipment, long-distance driving, and other considerations. These include, but are not limited to, being bitten, clawed, tripped, and possibly exposed to various diseases.
6. PHOTOS, VIDEO and AUDIO RELEASE: I understand that as a volunteer/visitor of Circle L Ranch, I may be recorded on film, video or other electronic recording media. I agree and consent to such recording and to the use by Circle L Ranch of any recorded images or other media recordings of my name and likeness (“A-V Recordings”) for any purpose related to furtherance of the objectives of Circle L Ranch. In particular, I grant Circle L Ranch permission to copyright and use, reuse, publish, and republish A-V Recordings, without restriction as to changes or alterations, for art, advertising, trade, or any other purpose. Further, I understand that the product of all work I perform as a volunteer/visitor for Circle L Ranch will be the property of Circle L Ranch and that Circle L Ranch will have the sole right to use, sell, license, publish, or transfer any of such work product, including all media and mechanical and electronic formats. I will disclose any such work product of Circle L Ranch at its corporate office.
7. RELEASE: As consideration for being permitted by Circle L Ranch to visit their properties, and/ or to participate in activities and/or provide services, I agree that I, my assignees, heirs, guardians, and legal representatives will not make a claim against, sue, or attach the property of Circle L Ranch for injury or damage resulting from any act, omission, negligence or other acts, howsoever caused, by any employee, agent, contractor, or representative of Circle L Ranch as a result of myparticipation in activities and performance of the services and any A-V Recordings. I hereby release Circle L Ranch from all actions, claims, or demands that I, my assignees, heirs, guardians, and legal representatives now have or may hereafter have for injury or damage resulting from my participation in activities and performance of the services.
8. CONFIDENTIALITY: During my association with Circle L Ranch, and thereafter, I will keep confidential, refrain from disclosing to others, and use only in the performance of my volunteer/ visitor duties, all confidential information of Circle L Ranch that I develop or learn about during the course of my association. I understand that this Agreement covers all confidential business and technical information and know-how of or about Circle L Ranch that is not generally known to persons outside of Circle L Ranch, and which I have not been specifically authorized to disclose or use. Examples of confidential information include, but are not limited to, information on finances, membership and donors, volunteer/visitor performance, research and development, the condition of animals, campaigns, outreach programs and information received from others that Circle L Ranch has agreed to keep confidential.
9. I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AGREEMENT and fully understand that I will relinquish all claims or actions known now or in the future against Circle L Ranch. I am over 18 years of age and legally competent to sign this Agreement. I am signing this Agreement of my own free will and without the influence of any Circle L Ranch staff member.
10. ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement on the breach of this Agreement will be settled by arbitration in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association. Judgment on this award rendered by the arbitrators may be entered in any court having jurisdiction over the award.
11. TERM OF AGREEMENT: I acknowledge that this Agreement will apply to the entire term of my volunteer/visitor relationship, beginning with the date I first perform volunteer duties for Circle L Ranch and/or starting with the date I first visit Circle L Ranch property, even if it pre-dates the date of this Agreement and continuing as long as I continue to be a volunteer/visitor and thereafter, as is necessary to protect the interests and rights of Circle L Ranch arising herein with respect to confidentiality and use of my work product and/or A-V materials as authorized above.
12. GOVERNING LAW: This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Arizona.
13. I have never been charged, investigated, or convicted of animal cruelty, neglect or abandonment. I have never been charged, investigated, or convicted for a violation of Arizona Revised Statues §§ 13-2910, 13-2910.01, 13-2910.02, 13-2910.03, 13,2910.04, 13-2910.05, 13-2910.06, 13-2910.07, 13-2910.08, 13-2910.09.