EAPA GUIDELINES & PRIVACY NOTICE
What is the EAPA Scheme?
You are making an application for help with your energy bill through the Energy Accounts Payment Assistance (EAPA) Scheme. This is a NSW Government scheme to help people facing energy bill stress during a short-term financial crisis or emergency to keep their energy supply connected at home.
An EAPA Provider is approved by the NSW Government to assess if you are eligible for assistance under EAPA, subject to the rules of the scheme.
Collection of your personal information by an EAPA Provider
This notice has important information about your privacy and the EAPA scheme. When you make an application, an EAPA Provider will collect your personal information from you and from your energy retailer. This could include sensitive personal information.
Sharing your personal information with the NSW Government
When your application for assistance is processed by an EAPA Provider, they will send some of your personal information which they have collected to a NSW Government agency (the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment). This information could include:
1. your personal details (name, address, postcode)
- details about your energy account and bills
- details about payments made to you under EAPA
- details about why you are eligible for EAPA (including information about your short-term crises and/or emergency).
Why is the NSW Government collecting my personal information?
The NSW Government is collecting this information to:
- administer the EAPA scheme
- process your EAPA voucher request and make sure it has been made under the rules of the scheme
- make sure the EAPA Provider is complying with the rules of the scheme
- see if the scheme is working, including to do reporting on the scheme
Will the NSW Government share my personal information with anyone?
The NSW Government may share some details (your name, postcode, energy account type, and how much you have been paid) with:
- other EAPA providers to help them with deciding any future applications you may make
- your energy retailer to apply EAPA vouchers.
Otherwise, the NSW Government won’t share your personal information unless you have given consent or to meet a requirement under law.
Is it compulsory for the EAPA Provider to provide my personal information to the NSW Government?
Applying for assistance under the EAPA scheme is voluntary, yet if you do apply some of the personal information you provide to the EAPA Provider will be provided to the NSW Government.
The EAPA Provider will tell you which information is voluntary to include in your application.
How can I get more information about privacy or the EAPA Scheme?
If you would like more information about privacy or the EAPA Scheme please contact:
- Energy Social Programs - EAPA
- NSW Department of Planning, Industry, and Environment:
- PO Box 435
- Parramatta NSW 2124
- Email: EAPA.Info@planning.nsw.gov.au
- website at www.planning.nsw.gov.au/privacy