Sensory Processing in Our World
Sensory processing is the way we use sensory information our brain detects, prioritizes, and remembers from both external and internal sensations.
- External sensations from the environment around you
- Internal sensations from within your bodies, and interactive experiences with the people and objects you encounter.
It's important to know that sensory preferences are individual, so what calms some may irritate others.
The Senses and Emotion
Our senses can be used to help us with all of the following:
- Relax or calm down
- Be more alert and energized
- Be in tune with our body and the world
- Feel more organized
The ability to regulate and organize the degree, intensity and nature of responses to sensory input in a graded and adaptive manner. Sensory Modulation strongly influences arousal levels and allows people to maintain an optimal range of performance while adapting to challenges in everyday life.
Benefits of sensory modulation are key for high-performance and productivity in the work place.
These benefits include the following:
- Transform self doubt into confidence
- Increased self-awareness
- Build resilience
- Increased ability to focus
- Production of new neuron growth
- Learning how to trust yourself through the wisdom of your body and how you interact with world.