Artist Platform Applications: DEADLINE FRIDAY, MAY 30, 2014
Thank you for your interest in (e)merge. The fair will take place October 2-5, 2014 at the Capitol Skyline Hotel just blocks from the National Mall, the U.S. Capitol and many of DC’s leading museums and cultural institutions. (e)merge will feature international galleries and nonprofit spaces along with independent artists. Fair programming will include curator and collector panel discussions, tours, and performances. Artists currently without gallery representation whose proposals are selected by the vetting committee will have the opportunity to exhibit their works at no charge throughout the hotel and its grounds. Applications must be submitted by Friday, May 30 in order to be reviewed by the vetting committee. Applicants will be alerted to the committee's decision in June. Each applicant will receive a complimentary day pass to the fair.
Friday, May 30, 2014
APPLICATION FEE: $55
A non-refundable application fee of $55 must be submitted with the online application by Credit Card or PayPal account. No application will be processed without the required fee.
Artists accepted by the vetting committee will be provided with exhibition space free of charge in public areas throughout the venue including: outdoor lawn, ramps, fences, lobby, hallways, lounge, pool deck, restaurant, banquet hall and parking garage. Artists are responsible for providing costs of materials, transportation, installation and accommodation.
To be eligible for artist exhibition space applicants must meet the following criteria:
· Be currently without gallery representation
· Whereas work in all media (including painting, sculpture, works on paper, and photography) will be carefully considered, projects involving experimental works in non-traditional formats are especially encouraged. Such work may include installation, conceptual art, performance, new media, or the inventive use of materials to express challenging concepts
· Applications must be submitted with the application fee no later than Friday, May 30, 2014
All submissions will be reviewed by an international vetting committee and the decisions of the committee are final.
You will be asked to upload the following information, please be sure to have your materials prepared in advance to make the process easier.
· Bio / CV including City and State/Province and Country of Residence and contact information (DOC or PDF)
· One page written description of the proposed project for (e)merge (DOC or PDF)
· A preparatory drawing, diagram, photographic image or mock-up of the project proposed as you would envision it realized or installed in a general exhibition setting
· Five (5) images of artist’s work
All images must be submitted as JPG only, max 1024 x 768 pixels at 72 DPI. Images can not exceed 1MB