1) The Emmanuel College (the "College") Summer Housing Lease & Application remains in effect for the 2021 summer housing dates only, June 6 through August 7. Failure to check-in to the halls does not release the summer resident from this contract.
2) Summer housing check-ins will only be available each Sunday starting June 6, 2021.
3) A minimum stay of 7 days is required. Partial week stays will not be prorated.
4) A $250 non-refundable housing deposit is due within 48 hours of receipt of housing confirmation. The remainder of the balance must be paid in full by May 1st, regardless of the arrival date. If the deposit or balance is not paid by the stated deadline, the College reserves the right to cancel the summer housing request and the applicant will forfeit the non-refundable housing deposit. Any summer residents approved for housing after the May 1st deadline must pay their housing charges in full within 48 hours of receipt of housing confirmation.
Summer residents who are confirmed for housing but later make alternate plans may cancel their assignment. The resident is entitled to: 50% refund of total housing fees, less the $250 non-refundable housing deposit, if the cancelation is received more than fourteen (14) days in advance of arrival date.
5) If cancelation notification is received less than fourteen (14) days in advance of arrival date, the resident forfeits all housing fees.
6) Summer housing rates do not include a meal plan. If available, meals can be purchased in the dining hall with cash, debit or credit card during the summer.
7) The College has limited parking available during the summer, and the summer resident must receive approval in order to park a vehicle on campus. If approved, the summer resident must pay the full amount for the parking space with the summer housing fees by the stated deadlines.
8) Housing privileges are not transferable. Any duplication of College-issued ID cards, keys, fobs or codes, accommodation of unauthorized guests, or misuse of College property is prohibited and will result in immediate removal from Emmanuel's campus.
9) The College retains possession of the residence halls and rooms and therefore reserves the rights to: Assign summer residents to a temporary housing assignment until their permanent summer assignment is ready for occupancy.
10) To administratively change, modify, cancel or terminate room assignments at will or in the interest of order, efficiency, discipline, emergency, health, safety, welfare, maintenance, renovation, construction, other administrative reason, or as required by law.
11) To assign a new occupant to a vacant bed space in the room at will.
12) When possible, the College will make its best effort to notify any reassigned occupant or current occupant of a new roommate with 48 hours notice, if possible, understanding that certain situations may not allow for such notice.
Any potential room changes are subject to availability. Summer residents may change rooms only after obtaining specific authorization from the Office of Residence Life and Housing.
13) The College reserves the right to check residence hall rooms in order to assess and repair the physical facilities, and to maintain appropriate health and safety standards.
14) Summer residents are not permitted to have pets within the residence halls.
Residence Life & Housing will assess damage to residence hall and common areas throughout the summer and upon termination of occupancy. Upon completion of any such assessment, Residence Life & Housing, in its sole discretion, may charge a summer resident for common area and/or individual room damage. The summer resident shall have a right to submit a written appeal to dispute any such charge within ten (10) days of receipt of notice of any such charge.
Emmanuel College assumes no responsibility for loss of or damage to a summer resident’s personal property. Students are encouraged to make certain their belongings are insured, either under their parents’ homeowners policy or by purchasing renter’s insurance.
15) Residence hall rooms are for residence purposes only and under no circumstances may the rooms, buildings, or adjacent grounds be used for any commercial purpose.
16) Emmanuel College does not allow alcohol on the premises during the summer, even for those of legal age. All summer residents present at the time of an alcohol violation may be subject to disciplinary action. Click here for more information.
17) Emmanuel College is a smoke, tobacco, and drug-free campus. This includes vaping and use of e-cigarettes on campus or within the residence halls. Click here for more information.
18) Emmanuel College strictly forbids the use, possession of distribution of illegal drugs, or use, possession or distribution of illegal drug paraphernalia. The College also strictly forbids the use of illegal drugs at College-sponsored events off campus. In addition, all summer residents present at the time of a drug violation may be subject to disciplinary action. Click here for more information.
19) No day or overnight guests will be allowed in the building at any time.
20) Summer residents are expected to obey all applicable laws and College regulations and to respect the rights, privileges, and property of other members of the College community and visitors to the campus. Summer residents are further expected to refrain from actions that materially or substantially interfere with College or residence hall functions, or would endanger the health, safety, or welfare of others or themselves.
21) Failure of a summer resident or guest to comply with residence hall regulations and policies may lead to imposition of financial liabilities, probation, dismissal from the residence hall and/or College, and/or other civil action.
22) Residents play a critical role in Emmanuel College’s community of health, in maintaining the health and safety of the campus, and its ability to remain open as a residential campus. Residents must adopt behaviors that advance our collective ability to reduce the transmission of COVID-19, known as the Pandemic Safety Policy, which includes the following guidelines:
Student residents are required to wear a proper face covering except when a student is in their residence hall room with only their roommate(s), eating or drinking, or doing personal grooming/hygiene
Students are required to adhere to proper physical distancing of at least 6 feet from those they do not directly live with
Students are required to cooperate with isolation, quarantine, and contact tracing requirements as applicable
Students may not have guests in their residence or the building.
If indicated by public health orders from Emmanuel College, the City of Boston, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, or the federal government, residents may have to depart campus in the event of campus closure. Emmanuel College will not be able to provide housing for any number of students in the occurrence of a College residential closure. All students will be expected to vacate campus with their items. The College will not provide storage for student belongings. In the event of campus closure, housing charges will be prorated.
It is everyone’s responsibility to comply with this community health policy. Failure to follow the Pandemic Safety Policy is a violation of College policy and may result in non-refundable termination of the residential contract, forfeiture of the privilege of remaining and forfieture of all payments made to the school.