Wine Victoria is the peak body representing the Victorian wine industry; we serve the interests of more than 1,500 grape growers and 800+ wine companies of all sizes, and Regional Associations covering every part of the state.
There are many policy areas that affect the industry and are governed by state policy such as bushfire management and controlled burns; tourism and trade programs; planning and regional development; and many areas of biosecurity and agriculture management. Providing a strong, united voice for the sector and representing our industry on these issues is vital for the long-term sustainability of all.
Wine Victoria has been at the forefront of industry tax debates, overseen international trade activities, taken the lead on bushfire recovery and a multitude of viticulture initiatives, and championed wine tourism strategy. Our aim is to ensure that the industry can grow sustainably and that we have the right economic, community and policy frameworks in place to support that growth for our members. Each election cycle we develop a three-year strategic plan that is then updated annually and is informed by engagement with industry and government stakeholders at a state and federal level.
· Container Deposit Scheme
· Labour Hire
· Taxation – Land Tax, WET
· Victorian Liquor Subsidy
· COVID 19 Restrictions and access to business support
· Liquor regulation
· Wine and Health – Pregnancy labelling, National Alcohol Strategy
Viticulture and Oenology
· Bushfire Smoke Testing $1.2M
· Bushfire Technical Response Package $900,000
· Establishment of Technical Sub-Committee
Trade – Domestic and Export
· Put Victorian Drinks on Victoria Lists Campaign $1.5M
· Wines of the World Funding Commitment $5M
· Behind the Vines (Domestic Buy Local Promotion) $400,000
· USA Strategy Development $110,000
· Global Export Academy (Market Entry Program) $109,000
· China Roadshow $100,000
· Five Pillars Project $2M
The fee structure has been designed to ensure an appropriate level of funding and industry backing so that Wine Victoria can advocate on behalf of the industry and effectively plan and deliver programs for the benefit of all.
The Membership Form must be completed and returned to Wine Victoria. All information is treated as strictly confidential and is used only for membership purposes.