The following seven (7) items must be submitted as a single PDF.
1. Nominating Letter - This letter should describe not only the merits of the applicant, but also - very importantly - the resources and support that the Department/Institute will provide to the applicant and how the applicant's area of expertise supports the Department/Institute's strategic plan. For Assistant Professors, the letter should include a statement about how the Department/Institute will provide crucial mentoring for the nominee. The letter should also describe the recruitment process - e.g., feedback from formal research seminars and chalk talks by the nominee.
2. NIH-style Biosketch - 5 pages maximum including all other support.
3. Research Proposal - The proposal should describe the aims, significance, and innovation of the nominee's research plan. 3 pages maximum, Arial 11pt font, single-spaced.
4. Diversity statement – The candidate should describe their background and experience as well as commitment to increasing the diversity in academic medicine (1 page maximum).
5. Business Plan - This should be a standard business plan used for all Mount Sinai faculty recruits, which shows the startup package required for the applicant as well as their financial return on investment in research grants.
6-8. Three (3) Letters of Recommendation