ASSUMPTIONS OF RISK, RELEASE OF ALL CLAIMS, AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AGREEMENT
SAYZOONS HAS THE RIGHT TO REMOVE EQUIPMENT FROM UNSAFE AREAS WITHOUT EXPLANATION:HAZARDS AND DANGEROUS PLAY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AT ANY TIME. IF IT IS DEEMED INAPPROPRIATE AND FOR THE SAFETY OF OTHERS WHERE GUARDIANS ARE NOT ATTENDING TO THEIR CHILDREN.
Warning: By signing this form you give up your right to bring court action to recover compensation for any injury to yourself or your property or for your death arising out of your participation in this (these) outdoor program(s).
ASSUMPTION OF RISK I am aware that I will be participating in a variety of experiences such as outdoor adventures, forest walks, wildlife viewing and photography, team-building activities, learning adventures, hiking, walking, collaborative discussions, watercraft activities, snowshoeing, skating, ice-fishing, outdoor & indoor dining, or other activities offered by SAYZOONS and collaborators, have inherent risks. The nature and extent of these risks include, but are not limited to:
TERRAIN: Any manner of injury resulting from falls on steep, slippery, or uneven terrain, slippery or snow-packed trails and surfaces.
• WEATHER: Any injury or illness resulting from exposure to cold, wet or windy weather or the effects of heat and strong sunlight, cold temperatures, snowstorms, rainstorms, or thunderstorms.
§ EQUIPMENT: Any manner of injury resulting from use, misuse or non-use and failure of any equipment.
• REMOTENESS: The possibility of becoming lost and inability to access medical help in an emergency.
• WILD ANIMALS: Including rodents, wood ticks, bears, other carnivores and the giardia parasite.
• DOMESTIC ANIMALS: Interaction with cattle, dairy animals, dogs, horses, other domestic or farm animals, or bees, which taking part in activities associated with agriculture, ranch or farm visits.
• TEAMWORK AND GROUP ACTIVITIES: Including team problem-solving, collaboration, group activities, and use of a variety of team-building equipment outdoors or indoors.
• WILDERNESS SKILLS DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES: Including camping, wilderness survival tactics and skills, wilderness cooking, wilderness first aid, and other components of day trails and backcountry activities.
• OTHER HAZARDS OF OUTDOOR TRAVEL: Flood, deadfall, motor vehicle accidents, theft, vandalism, insect stings, etc.
• TRANSPORTATION IN VEHICLES: Including transportation in any motor vehicles, personal watercraft/canoes, or other manner of personal or group transport.
• OTHER TRAVELLERS CARRYING DISEASES: Interactions with other travellers who may have contracted diseases that may affect our personal health, including Covid-19, SARS or other global or local diseases.
PHOTO / VIDEO / AUDIO RECORDINGS
I acknowledge that during the SAYZOONS programs, activities, tours, or other ways of learning, traveling, or experiencing people, places, events, or other aspects of the program, that my likeness, image, and personality may be captured on video or still images, sound recordings, or live action Internet transmission and on other media (the “Personal images”), and that SAYZOONS may wish to use these Personal Images of me for promotional, educational, and other business purposes. I hereby relinquish and forever waive all of my rights relating to the content of the Personal Images and their being captured, reproduced, or used (whether or not for profit), on any such media form(s), including an y privacy rights or rights to be compensated for the commercial use of the Personal Images that I may have, and further relinquish and waive any copyright, moral rights, or any other rights that I may have in the content or use of the Personal Images.
INTENDING TO BE LEGALLY BOUND by laws of Manitoba and federal laws of Canada applicable therein, I (or my parents/guardians) have read and signed this RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, understanding its contents, and irrevocably attorning to the jurisdiction of the Courts of the Province of Manitoba, in respect of any matter arising in connection with this waiver this DATE (electronically signed)