Girls For Technology - Building For Equity '22
Girls For Technology is 501c3 nonprofit organization conducting research on the needs of Black/Brown women-owned businesses throughout Connecticut. In an effort to nurture small Black & Brown woman-owned businesses across the state and in our community.
The Girls For Technology Building For Equity Program is a 6-week training program for WOC business owners to acquire the needed training, mentorship, knowledge, and skills needed to gain access to capital.
This program will provide weekly masterclasses 2-days a week in the evening taught by leading industry experts on topics ranging from venture 101, perfecting your pitch, how to raise capital, leveraging social media and more, monthly coaching calls to reinforce learning, weekly assignments to assess knowledge transfer, monthly office hour check ins, and a chance to pitch for business funding up to $20K at the end of the program.
Ten women will be selected to take part in our 6-week intensive program and be a part of a live pitch event.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must identify as a Black or Latina woman
- Participant must commit to 6 weeks in the program twice a week for evening sessions. (Tuesdays & Thursdays 6pm-8pm)
- The business must be operating and generating revenue no more than $250K annually
- Must be located and doing business within Connecticut
- Must be a business operating either in the E-commerce/CPG or Technology industries ( see definition below):
- Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) Company:items used daily by average consumers that require routine replacement or replenishment, such as food, beverages, clothes, makeup, household products, etc.
- Technology Company: focus on the development and manufacturing that uses leading-edge scientific and technological knowledge systemically and continuously to produce new goods and services with added value.
Participate in Pitch Competition.
- Weekly Live Masterclasses taught by leading industry experts.
- Slack Community for contained networking, learning and resource sharing.
- Weekly assignments to help assist with knowledge transfer
- Connection to partner resources, Chance to Win up to $20k and more!
Although Black/Brown women-led businesses are currently up at a higher rate than anyone else in the US, we know that they often time systemically face unique challenges.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org