The Hybrid Conference Model
We are looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible on November 6 - 8 in Baton Rouge However, the 2022 LAPCAE Conference will employ a hybrid meeting model to create a dynamic in-person event and also provide access to content for those unable to travel to Baton Rouge. Presenters and attendees will be able to access the core content through the following formats:
- In-person Presentations – Presentations delivered in-person and may be live-streamed or recorded and available online to all attendees for later viewing.
- Virtual Only Presentations - A limited amount of virtual presentations will be available for an online audience.
- Live-Streamed Presentations– Some workshops and select events will be live streamed as well as recorded and available online.
Workshop Format and Proposal Process
Workshops are 30-minutes or one hour in length. Participants sit in theater or classroom type seating. The presenter(s) tend to use PowerPoint or some type of media presentation. Each workshop room will have a laptop, projector, and screen.
- 30 minute instruction-based sessions where presenters can quickly and easily share a successful lesson plan or classroom project. This type of session should be designed for transfer-ability and immediate-use by audience members.
- 1 hour thematic sessions where presenters can go more in-depth along one of our strands
- Impactful Instruction: Numeracy, Reading, ABE/ASE, and High School Equivalency (HSE)
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Digital Literacy / Distance Learning
- Equity & Social Justice
- Transition: Pathways, Workforce, and IET
- Student Services
LAPCAE 2022 Conference Strand Descriptions
If you truly feel that your proposal doesn't fit any of these categories, please select the most relevant strand to your presentation.
Presenters will be asked to indicate in their proposal whether they intend to present in-person (100% on-site) or virtually (100% online).
A separate submission form must be submitted for each presentation.
Criteria for Proposal Selection
- Consistency with one of the conference strands or theme of the conference
- How the workshop reflects new ideas, innovations, or important issues that impact adult education
- Strategies used to engage the audience engagement and allow for audience participation or interaction
- Clearly identified learning outcomes and clarity in purpose and content
- Value of the session to the audience and profession
Deadline for Proposal Submission: Friday, September 2, 2022 3:00pm CST
Presenter Notification: Notified of proposal status by September 16, 2022
Conference Dates: Sunday, November 6, 2022 - Tuesday, November 8, 2022
All presenters of accepted proposals will be expected to register for the on-site conference, unless accepted as a virtual track-only presentation.
If you have questions about your proposal, please reach out to Falencia Ezendu at email@example.com.
Please select the NEXT BUTTON to submit a proposal for the 2022 LAPCAE Annual Conference.