ART IS IN THE AIR EVENT DETAILS
EVENT DATES: September 13-18, 2022, in Brevard, NC.
PARTICIPATION FEES: $25 application fee
OVERVIEW: Art is in the Air En Plein Air Festival is a four-day, open enrollment plein air painting event held that concludes with a "Wet Paint" Art Show & Sale on Sunday, September 18th. The event takes place in the beautiful mountainous area surrounding the town of Brevard, NC western North Carolina, from Tuesday, September 13, to Sunday September 18, 2022. The event celebrates the tradition of outdoor painting by welcoming artists from across the region to share their talents and beauty of downtown Brevard and surrounding areas.
Participating artists are invited to explore their choice of locations Tuesday through Friday. On Saturday, artists are required to be stationed at sites throughout the Heart of Brevard downtown district to paint traditionally AND/OR to compete in the Heart of Brevard Quick Draw Competition. A list of recommended locations will be distributed two weeks in advance.
PARTICIPATION: We will be accepting up to 25 artists on a rolling juried basis, beginning July 6th. You will be notified of your acceptance within two weeks of applying.
PARTICIPATION FEES: The event application fee is $25 and payable via check or PayPal.
Please note that PayPal payments are subject to a $5 convenience fee. All application fees are nonrefundable.
Checks should be made to Heart of Brevard, list Art is in the Air Fee in the memo line and be mailed to 26 Times Arcade Alley, Brevard NC, 28712.
SALES: All artwork must be for sale during the event. All sales will be handled through Heart of Brevard during the event. 60% of the proceeds of each art piece will go to the artist and the remaining 40% will benefit Heart of Brevard and support our mission. Artists checks will be mailed within 30 days of the “Wet Tent” Sale.
ACCEPTABLE MEDIA: Works in the following approved disciplines will be accepted: painting and drawing. Acceptable media include paint, graphite, charcoal, pastel and watercolor. If you have questions about your eligibility, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
SIZE REQUIREMENTS: Works to be hung must be no larger than 4 ft. per side (outside dimensions, horizontal and vertical, including frame).
PRESENTATION REQUIREMENTS: All work must be finished and ready to hang. Artists are required to submit a minimum of two and a maximum of five pieces into the Wet Paint Show & Sale.
HEART OF BREVARD QUICK DRAW COMPEITION: This is one of the most exciting experiences of the event. Together, artists and spectators are immersed in the creative process. See the scenes and how the artists interpret them. Smell the wet paint and get caught up in the excitement of watching the paintings come to life before your eyes! Heart of Brevard will host a local makers market and food vendors in conjunction with Saturday’s events.
The cost to enter the Quick Draw Competition is included with your registration fee for Art is in the Air. Turn in all artworks by 12:00pm. Registration and Canvas/paper stamping begins at 9:00am. Quick Draw ribbons will be awarded. Artwork will be available for sale at the "Wet Paint" Tent Sale on Sunday.
Tuesday, September 13th - Thursday, September 15th
10am-4pm, Daily: Artist Check In
Artists must check in by 4pm on Thursday, September 15th to have their canvas or paper stamped prior to beginning work to be eligible for entry in the Sunday “Wet Paint” Sale.
Tuesday, September 13th - Friday, September 16th
Participating artists are invited to explore their choice of locations Tuesday through Friday. A list of recommended locations will be distributed two weeks in advance.
Thursday, September 15th
4:30pm: Artist Demonstration with Jeff Ripple
Friday, September 16th
5:30pm-7pm: Artist Reception
Saturday, September 17th
On Saturday, artists are required to work in the Heart of Brevard downtown district.
A map and recommended locations will be available two weeks in advance.
10am-12pm: Heart of Brevard Quick Draw Competition (Artists are welcome to participate in the Quick Draw Competition, there is no additional cost to participate).
5pm: “Wet Tent” Drop Off Deadline (Artists may drop off work anytime between 12pm and 5pm on Sunday).
Sunday, August 20th, 2022
10am: Ticketed Patron Preview and Judging
11am -5pm: Public “Wet Paint” Show and Sale
5pm-6pm: Artists collect any unsold paintings.
Sold artwork claimed by purchasers with receipt.
*Schedule subject to change. Final schedule will be distributed two weeks in advance.
LIABILITY: Heart of Brevard (HOB) will not assume any liability for loss or damage to works of art in this exhibition. Although utmost care will be taken to prevent damage, theft, or loss, there can be no guarantee as the exhibition will be in venues open to the public. Entry in the show constitutes agreement with all conditions in this prospectus.
Participating in the exhibit includes permission to sell the art entry and make digital images of exhibited artwork for HOB archives. 60% of the sale proceeds will benefit the artist and the remaining 40% will benefit HOB. If the item is unsold at the sale, the artist may choose to keep the piece or donate the item.
For more information: contact Heart of Brevard at email@example.com or 828.884.3278